A few comments about the game

hawkeye12345

Could someone please teach Brommer how to properly step in front of a player at the top of the key when his guy is setting a high screen? The refs missed two obvious calls in the first half and finally whistled him for two quick ones in the the 2nd. Brommer, dude, you are not going to guard a PG. Your job is to slow down the guard without giving up position on the big you are supposed to be guarding thus avoiding the screen and roll. Quit chasing the guard around the floor. Step in front, slow him down and roll back to your man. Nothing more, nothing less. PS. Quit trying to dunk, you are giving white guys a bad name.

I would have liked to have seen Archie play more. In the few minutes he was in he made a nice pass and grabbed an offensive board. Cole on the other hand I would have liked to have seen less. He's a nice guy. He's a Sr. He's a kid that we like to cheer for but he's simply not a big time baller due to his height. He has very little offensive skills and he plays shorter than his listed 6'7". We seriously need to pick up at least one true big man but two would be nice. Cole is gone after this year, Brommer isn't tall enough or how should I put this, coordinated enough and Archie is simply raw at this point.

May, Cartwright, Basabe and Marble were fun to watch That's your starting 4 next year. McCabe was awesome to watch too but if I had to choose between Basabe or McCabe I'm taking Basabe right now. If I had to choose two of May, Gatens and Marble I'm chosing May and Marble.

PG - Cartwright
SG - Marble
G - May
SF - Basabe
C - Stubbs. He could probably squeeze out more rebounds than the Cole, Brommer and Archie combined.

Could someone please teach Brommer how to properly step in front of a player at the top of the key when his guy is setting a high screen? The refs missed two obvious calls in the first half and finally whistled him for two quick ones in the the 2nd. Brommer, dude, you are not going to guard a PG. Your job is to slow down the guard without giving up position on the big you are supposed to be guarding thus avoiding the screen and roll. Quit chasing the guard around the floor. Step in front, slow him down and roll back to your man. Nothing more, nothing less. PS. Quit trying to dunk, you are giving white guys a bad name.

I would have liked to have seen Archie play more. In the few minutes he was in he made a nice pass and grabbed an offensive board. Cole on the other hand I would have liked to have seen less. He's a nice guy. He's a Sr. He's a kid that we like to cheer for but he's simply not a big time baller due to his height. He has very little offensive skills and he plays shorter than his listed 6'7". We seriously need to pick up at least one true big man but two would be nice. Cole is gone after this year, Brommer isn't tall enough or how should I put this, coordinated enough and Archie is simply raw at this point.

May, Cartwright, Basabe and Marble were fun to watch That's your starting 4 next year. McCabe was awesome to watch too but if I had to choose between Basabe or McCabe I'm taking Basabe right now. If I had to choose two of May, Gatens and Marble I'm chosing May and Marble.

PG - Cartwright
SG - Marble
G - May
SF - Basabe
C - Stubbs. He could probably squeeze out more rebounds than the Cole, Brommer and Archie combined.

Agreed

Cole also hedged two screens over aggressively and picked up 2 fouls in the 2nd half. These guys are either playing dumb or being coached that way...either way it needs to stop

Agree with most, but Cole does keep the middle open because he can shoot a med range jumper. Makes room for Cart, and May to get to the hoop.

Does anybody know if KOK coached the offense in the first 10 minutes of the second half. If our defense held them scoreless in the second half we would have one the game. Sorry, I am still venting.

I thought McCabe really made some poor decisions too. Playing for one shot at the end of the half does not mean taking the shot with 8 seconds left and then letting Wake get the rebound and further cut into the deficit before half.

Does anybody know if KOK coached the offense in the first 10 minutes of the second half. If our defense held them scoreless in the second half we would have one the game. Sorry, I am still venting.

How in the world can you "one" the game?

Seriously. I am intrigued.

Sorry, I am still venting.

Agreed

Cole also hedged two screens over aggressively and picked up 2 fouls in the 2nd half. These guys are either playing dumb or being coached that way...either way it needs to stop
Both of those fouls bailed out Wake because the shot clock was under 5 seconds and Wake was in the double bonus. Killer.

Brommer is horrible as is Cole. I've never seen so many stupid fouls out of two players and one is supposed to be your experienced senior?

The poor time management at the end of the first half, and the bail out foul on Cole with a minute or so to play when Wake had 5 secs left on the shot clock and were scrambling, Cole jumps out of the box to guard a pt guard and picks up a foul. They shoot two and get one of two. That was the most bone-headed play all night. This guys a senior and we are getting this kind of play from him? If he would have either stayed low for a rebound or came out to guard under control, Iowa might have won this game.

Latest posts