A Closer Look at Some AP Ballots

I remember that at some point late last year, Fowler has Boise State somewhere ridiculously high (or low?) and sites like TBL and Deadspin just ate him up for it.

It's a different year. Although I don't agree with them, that is their opinion and their vote counts, ours doesn't.

It's just stupid to think that GT can lose Dwyer, Thomas, Morgan, and Burnett (from a team that got desroyed in the Orange Bowl), and be better than the team who desroyed them (and returns many more of their core players from the OB team). Nesbitt is going to have to be able to throw the ball MUCH better this year if GT is going to be a top 10 team.

Man, I wonder what is that kool aid of the two guys who gave Iowa votes at #3. I want some of that!

Looking at Hlas' ballot, I wonder if he was just screwing around at 24 and 25.

Seattle Times & Tuscaloosa News ranked us the lowest at 15.
Hergstreit has us at 6, Fowler at 12.

The Tuscaloosa one is interesting...

I can't understand why anyone would put GT ahead of Iowa. Given the Orange Bowl outcome, the respective rosters (i.e. returning players for each team), and the fact that many voters don't even have GT ranked. Overall GT's highest rank is 7; Iowa's is 3. GT's lowest ranking is unranked; Iowa's is 15. Iowa got 60 votes (out of a possible 60 ) while GT only got 52 votes.

I remember that at some point late last year, Fowler has Boise State somewhere ridiculously high (or low?) and sites like TBL and Deadspin just ate him up for it.

It was low. He had BSU at #7 as late as Week 12 (of the poll), when 56 of the other 59 voters thought they should be higher. You can check last year's polls and voter analysis on the site that Jon linked to in the article.

The Texas Tech fiasco told us a lot about James.

But I'm more perplexed at how voters continue to rank Penn St ahead of us. I respect JoPa as much as the next guy, but enough already.

I forgot about that drama. Is Amanda still at Tech since helicopter dad managed to get Leach fired?

The Texas Tech fiasco told us a lot about James.

But I'm more perplexed at how voters continue to rank Penn St ahead of us. I respect JoPa as much as the next guy, but enough already.

If you run a side by side comparison, there is only one writer who has Penn State higher, and it's only by two spots.

Latest posts