9 man rotation

deanvogs

I think this is what we settle into for the remainder of the season (minus N. Ill next Friday).

Jordan 30 MPG
Moss 30 MPG
Cook 30 MPG
Dailey 25 MPG
Baer 25 MPG
Pemsl 20 MPG
Nunge 15 MPG
Garza 15 MPG
Connor 10 MPG

Obviously individual games will vary depending on hot hands. I think Ellingson bringing the ball up the court one time and getting his pocket pick totally ended the Ellingson at PG experiment.

Also we will continue to see Kriener at times, but I think it is more spot minutes, and if he plays wells will take some from Pemsl/Nunge/Garza in that particular game.

What about Wagner? Dude is pretty good too

Injured and who knows when he will get back. I just think when he does get back, he is gonna be squeezed out of the rotation. Daily/Baer are better options at the wing. Nunge/Cook/Pemsl are better options at the 4. He just is a tweener and we have better options.

I think this is what we settle into for the remainder of the season (minus N. Ill next Friday).

Jordan 30 MPG
Moss 30 MPG
Cook 30 MPG
Dailey 25 MPG
Baer 25 MPG
Pemsl 20 MPG
Nunge 15 MPG
Garza 15 MPG
Connor 10 MPG

Obviously individual games will vary depending on hot hands. I think Ellingson bringing the ball up the court one time and getting his pocket pick totally ended the Ellingson at PG experiment.

Also we will continue to see Kriener at times, but I think it is more spot minutes, and if he plays wells will take some from Pemsl/Nunge/Garza in that particular game.

I thought you gave up on basketball season?

Wagner is a good option to have when the opposition wants to bang it out...definitely worth some minutes...

He would be a good option at times. That said if you want a guy out there who is a better overall wing, you have in Baer or Daily. If you want a guy out there who is a overall better 4 you have Cook/Pemsl/Nunge in there.

Jordan 30 MPG
Moss 30 MPG
Cook 30 MPG
Dailey 25 MPG
Baer 25 MPG
Pemsl 20 MPG
Nunge 15 MPG
Garza 15 MPG
Connor 10 MPG

I think kriener will be more important than spot duty but i see your logic. i agree with your list (except: kriener) but i think the minutes for Conner is low. JBo showed last night that he just cannot be our top pg once we get into the B1G. all you have to do is put pressure on him and once he crosses half court, get up under him and you can force him side to side and take up valuable shot clock, not to mention his energy. Conner and MD are simply better and getting the ball up court and getting into the offense, right away.

Jordan 30 MPG
Moss 30 MPG
Cook 30 MPG
Dailey 25 MPG
Baer 25 MPG
Pemsl 20 MPG
Nunge 15 MPG
Garza 15 MPG
Connor 10 MPG

Bingo. I’ve been saying the same for the last few weeks.

As far as Wagner what people don’t understand, while he does some nice things, here’s the thing, as a “wing” player Baer and Dailey are better options, as a “post” player Cook, Nunge, Pemsl, and Garza, are better options. He’s a classic tweener and while I like the kid I’m not sure he deserves minutes ln this particular team.

One thing I would add is I wish Nunge would play more minutes. It’s kinda looking like the Moss thing last year. But to me Baer and Nunge are two guys I always like to see on the floor. Nunge is a calming presence out there and he is long and mobile in our zone. He doesn’t appear to be making a lot of mistakes offensively and he is pretty solid at making high low passes down to Cook. Just because he doesn’t hunt his shot as much as Garza and Pemsl doesn’t mean he’s not a more effective player, we have enough guys capable of putting the ball in the basket IMO. Maybe I’m missing something, in regards to Nunge.

Bingo. I’ve been saying the same for the last few weeks.

As far as Wagner what people don’t understand, while he does some nice things, here’s the thing, as a “wing” player Baer and Dailey are better options, as a “post” player Cook, Nunge, Pemsl, and Garza, are better options. He’s a classic tweener and while I like the kid I’m not sure he deserves minutes ln this particular team.

One thing I would add is I wish Nunge would play more minutes. It’s kinda looking like the Moss thing last year. But to me Baer and Nunge are two guys I always like to see on the floor. Nunge is a calming presence out there and he is long and mobile in our zone. He doesn’t appear to be making a lot of mistakes offensively and he is pretty solid at making high low passes down to Cook. Just because he doesn’t hunt his shot as much as Garza and Pemsl doesn’t mean he’s not a more effective player, we have enough guys capable of putting the ball in the basket IMO. Maybe I’m missing something, in regards to Nunge.

I think Nunge's minutes are fine most games. When he's playing good, he gets a lot of minutes. Last night, he wasnt doing much, but Dailey and Pemsl were playing great. This is just an example of playing the hot hand.

All that said, there was one game where Nunge was doing great and he disappeared to the bench for a long time.

I think Nunge's minutes are fine most games. When he's playing good, he gets a lot of minutes. Last night, he wasnt doing much, but Dailey and Pemsl were playing great. This is just an example of playing the hot hand.

All that said, there was one game where Nunge was doing great and he disappeared to the bench for a long time.
There was definitely one game where he struggled and deserved to be benched. Last night he only played 10 minutes, 0 turnovers. Tough to get in the flow of the game when you only get 10 minutes. I think it starts with cutting Kriener from the rotation. Nunge is simply a better player.

There was definitely one game where he struggled and deserved to be benched. Last night he only played 10 minutes, 0 turnovers. Tough to get in the flow of the game when you only get 10 minutes. I think it starts with cutting Kriener from the rotation. Nunge is simply a better player.

Wow I didn't know it was only 10 minutes.

Hawks made their 2nd half run and closed out the game with all the F on the bench.

I really like Dailey’s game. He brings a lot to the table. He offers defense, rebounding and controlled slashing ability more than anyone else on the roster.

Jordan 30 MPG
Moss 30 MPG
Cook 30 MPG
Dailey 25 MPG
Baer 25 MPG
Pemsl 20 MPG
Nunge 15 MPG
Garza 15 MPG
Connor 10 MPG

I think Connor will need more than 10 Mins to get JBO into his more natural spot where we need him to be to really help this team.. And like to see Daley at more than 25 mins..

Wow I didn't know it was only 10 minutes.

Yes it was a disgrace. He had three points and a couple of rebounds in 10 minutes. His defense was really good and his athleticism at his size/length really causes 3-4-5s a lot of issues. He was part of the early defensive efforts that caused several shot clock violations. One time his man could not get the shot off at the 3 pt line because of Jacks length causing the violation. Then he gets pulled for that mass insanity of Garza & Kreiner, etc. There’s nothing either of those two can do that Jack can’t do and often he does it much better and more consistently.

I can agree with getting Pemsl some minutes but I would not sub out Jack until he needs it or is in foul trouble. Then it’s Pemsl or the better of Kreiner or Garza but not both. This everyone gets minutes is a killer. Nunge was one of the bettter players in freaking Indiana a basketball state last year folks and he’s getting pulled???

Yeah, more Nunge. Kreiner should see limited min. RKs play in the first half prevented Iowa from blowing CO out. He came in and immediately turned the ball over 2 possessions in a row.

Yeah, more Nunge. Kreiner should see limited min. RKs play in the first half prevented Iowa from blowing CO out. He came in and immediately turned the ball over 2 possessions in a row.

Saw that and I'm already a "Kreiner not so much" guy. He is not hitting from mid-range (and out) so far this year so he needs to up the intensity and not worry about fouling so much if he wants to get B1G minutes. Same with Wagner, although I have more confidence in Wags when it comes to getting aggressive when he needs to.

He was also going to be yanked back out with Nunge returning but Fran loves his time outs so because he didn’t use one Kreiner made a couple of plays.

and didn’t get pulled until after foul shots 4-5 minutes later.

Latest posts