9 days off

damnfinn

is a 9 day layoff an advantage for Iowa or a disadvantage? I know we have a few guys that are banged up so the rest will do them good, but I fear a 9 day layoff could make them a little rusty against IU.

Like 9 days to prepare, lots of game film to watch between now and then. Iowa will be ready to play and it is going to be fun to watch. Iowa needs to heal a little bit and a good break before a grueling conference slate.

This "so-called" lay-off is perfect for the 2012-2013 Iowa BB TEAM.

The kids really need a break, (only 3 days) and so do the coaching staff, the support staff and the fans.

Iowa gets time to rest and then has 5 full days of practice and prep for IU.

IU on the other hand is distracted by a gimme on the 29th and then have to travel. If only they would have come in un defeated on New Year's Eve.

My prediction is still 80-20 the Hawks win #1 of double figure victories in the B!G this year.

They need the time right now because a couple of hawks are dinged up. White has a sore wrist, Basabe a gimpy ankle, and Oglesby a sore shoulder (and those are what we know). This lay off couldn't have come at a better time. Could they be rusty? Maybe. But health is first.

is a 9 day layoff an advantage for Iowa or a disadvantage? I know we have a few guys that are banged up so the rest will do them good, but I fear a 9 day layoff could make them a little rusty against IU.

Advantage. We need Basabe and JO up to snuff for the start of the B1G season. We don't need more cupcakes.

They've been starting games a little rusty anyways so it probably won't hurt any. Probably will help like others have said since some guys are banged up.

Rusty? How many threes did we hit yesterday. I agree with the sentiments here that a rest would be a good thing.

Latest posts