5-Star IN Forward Keion Brooks Enjoys Iowa Visit, Hawkeyes in Hunt

RobHowe

Administrator
Fort Wayne Standout speaks with HN about his unofficial, his relationship with the Hawkeyes and where they stand with him:

LINK

Wow, I'm pressing my face against the store glass window making x-mas wishes. I might as well as wish for a matching DJ point guard while I'm at it. If Fran can deliver on either player I fall back in step with the program. Fran is at the point he has to produce. After watching PMac play, I don't think he will be enough.

Wow, I'm pressing my face against the store glass window making x-mas wishes. I might as well as wish for a matching DJ point guard while I'm at it. If Fran can deliver on either player I fall back in step with the program. Fran is at the point he has to produce. After watching PMac play, I don't think he will be enough.

I am thinking a matching set would be a big step in the right direction as far as recruiting. Fran needs to put a couple of years together where he wins the conference one year and precedes or follows that up with a second or third seed in the B1G. That’s what garners the attention of the best high school recruits.

Totally agree. I am super down on Fran but if he were to bring in one of DJ or this kid, that would really impress me at this point.

Yep. This kid would be a program changer for exactly 1 year before he left for the NBA. If we also got DJ, that would be one heckuva fun year.

You can't hit the ball if you don't swing, I for one applaud the staff for at least trying. That's what we want right? I credit coach Francis, who I think was in on this kid before anyone and that's what kept Iowa in the hunt. I don't think he's legit considering Iowa as a final resting stop, but the fact that they just had a 4-14 B1G season a year ago and are still in the hunt with guys like this, DJ, Wieskamp, Garza, Cook etc - that says they are doing something right. Now, WIN and we can all STFU.

Yep. This kid would be a program changer for exactly 1 year before he left for the NBA. If we also got DJ, that would be one heckuva fun year.

The huge side benefit would be the attraction of other top recruits. IOWA's profile would rise significantly. Make or break kinda stuff for Fran. (GarBar would give him a KFz-like extension...no doubt)

If he doesn't end up at Indiana I'll eat my shoe. That said - it's good to have a seat at his table.

We have 3 big fish in our small pond right now. We need to reel at least one of these in. I know exactly how bad Iowa needs guards, but damn I can't stop myself from wanting Brooks the most. That kid is the kind of elite player that just stands out and leaves absolutely zero doubt that they are NBA bound. Ya he would probably only be here 1 year, but I bet we get to the sweet 16 minimum that year.

It might just be both or nothing. If Brooks someone committed to Iowa, that might be what DJ needs to see to also commit and probably vice versa.

I’m always kind and gentle on here......except to a couple posters who are douchenozzles. ;)
giphy.gif

He reminded me of Keith Lee at Memphis State in 1980's. If he choose Iowa. That would be great! (University of Memphis used to be Memphis State University.)

Last edited:
He reminded me of Keith Lee at Memphis State in 1980's. If he choose Iowa. That would be great! (University of Memphis used to be Memphis State University.)
Wow! there's a name from my day. In 1985 the Final Four was nearly monopolized by Big East teams (Villanova, Georgetown, St. John's) Memphis was the only outlier, and they had to beat another Big East team (Boston College) in either the Elite Eight or Sweet Sixteen to get to Lexington. I believe Oklahoma was in that mix, too.

I'm just going to dream about Carton running the break and throwing a lob to Keion on the finish, but somehow Foster swoops in an steals his dunk.

Until this I had completely forgotten about Foster. On the off chance we got both, I don't think they'd play together because Keion would be Keigone after one year and Foster would likely follow suit. I would not complain one bit about becoming a common stop for one and done prospects though.