5 last spots for FB commits - WHo will they be?

clim33

1. ????
2. Cooper
3. Jake Reed
4. Kenny Farrow/Thomas Rawls
5. Perry - in state hidden gem

Last edited:
I truely love the late in state kids we offer. There are a few Iowa is tracking hard and if we lose out on some of the big boys, they will get a shot.

I truely love the late in state kids we offer. There are a few Iowa is tracking hard and if we lose out on some of the big boys, they will get a shot.

One of those kids from last year (Tanner Miller) will most likely be the starting free safety next year.

1. Price
2. Cooper
3. Jake Reed
4. Kenny Farrow
5. Perry - in state hidden gem

I like the list, but Price is tOSU all the way, and I think Kenny Farrow is committed to Houston, and no longer holds an Iowa offer.

I would really like to get Raymon Taylor. We need some help at CB. Also, I was just curious if anything came from the offer to Carl Williams, the safety committed to Illinois?

Price = Bruce Davis
Bruce Davis was a classic "pile jumper" in h.s. which inflated his numbers quite a bit. He was a good tackler but lacks explosion and that first step quickness. What Price does is yet to be seen but he is already much more explosive than Bruce Davis ever was in h.s.

Fufred, does anyone listen to your opinions anymore? What does being a pile jumper have to do with lack of explosion?

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that you were just sure that Illinois would remain a power to be reckoned with in the conference under the great Zookster.

The unexpected commit of Alston kinda removes the need for Price. No doubt Iowa would take the commit however its not as of pressing need as he once was. Alston is just as good.

My understanding is that Price wasn't "committable" after we got the Alston committ.

The coaches are now focusing heavily on filling needs at DL and DB.

Fufred, does anyone listen to your opinions anymore? What does being a pile jumper have to do with lack of explosion?

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that you were just sure that Illinois would remain a power to be reckoned with in the conference under the great Zookster.
some on the boards that have no idea what they are looking at (psst....I'm talking about you) see his h.s. numbers and assume he's going to be a great LB. Those of us that saw him play knew he lacked explosion and a quick first step. If you have trouble understanding this post let me know and I'll try to break it down in simpler terms.

I could give a crap about h.s. numbers. The only thing that matters is ability, physical attributes, and whether they are a head case or not.

Davis was a descent player for us before the injury. That's all, nothing more, nothing less.

I for one appreciate fufred's opinion. Secondly a pile jumper means he's not getting the explosion to get to the first hit but just gets in on the tackle for credit. I don't know much about Davis, as I wasn't following recruiting as closely then, but not sure his physical attributes are that great, isn't he like 6' tall, which isn't that great, and I don't recall his speed being blazing.

I'm also interested in the Carl Williams offer being pulled. If we aren't looking for safeties does that mean 1 has committed (Perry?) or we dont' need one, in which perry would not have an offer as well? Also i still think we take a corner, I hope to be Raymon Taylor. And I don't think anyone ever had high hopes for CK, but just move on.

I am very surprised OSU has a spot left for Price. They missed of missed out on their bigger targets?
they will take up to 2 more LB's (Price being one of the two) Curtis Grant and James Vaughters are in play with UF and Stanford losing their HC's. Grant is at UF this weekend and may recommit and Vaughters is deciding between OSU and Stanford.

hawkfarmer -

I anticipate that Sash's departure ends up pushing the Iowa coaches more towards placing Bernstine at safety.

Considering that Fisher will require plenty of physical development if he EVER grows into the LEO spot ... he's also going to need to get plenty of experience in coverage. Thus I see Cole Fisher initially getting reps at safety and I think that that will be good training for him.

Anyhow, the long and short of all this is that my guess is that the Iowa coaches have had to re-evaluate their recruiting emphasis to finish off the class. As a result, I think that is another reason why we're seeing the late offer out to Jake Reed. Reed is a guy who versatile projects at TE/LEO LB/DE ... and all those are current positions of need for the Hawks.

If the Hawks are going to finish off their DB recruiting ... I'd probably expect it to be more at CB. To that end, we're going after Pitts, Raymon Taylor, and Hendy (although I anticipate that Hendy will likely stick out east).

And, to finish off the class, I really would be shocked if the Hawk coaches hold a few 'ships and see if they might have any luck "scoring" with some possible late qualifiers.

hawkfarmer -

I anticipate that Sash's departure ends up pushing the Iowa coaches more towards placing Bernstine at safety.

Considering that Fisher will require plenty of physical development if he EVER grows into the LEO spot ... he's also going to need to get plenty of experience in coverage. Thus I see Cole Fisher initially getting reps at safety and I think that that will be good training for him.

Anyhow, the long and short of all this is that my guess is that the Iowa coaches have had to re-evaluate their recruiting emphasis to finish off the class. As a result, I think that is another reason why we're seeing the late offer out to Jake Reed. Reed is a guy who versatile projects at TE/LEO LB/DE ... and all those are current positions of need for the Hawks.

If the Hawks are going to finish off their DB recruiting ... I'd probably expect it to be more at CB. To that end, we're going after Pitts, Raymon Taylor, and Hendy (although I anticipate that Hendy will likely stick out east).

And, to finish off the class, I really would be shocked if the Hawk coaches hold a few 'ships and see if they might have any luck "scoring" with some possible late qualifiers.

I see what you're saying. I wasn't sure what the reasoning was. My highest hopes as I have stated is to get Taylor on board. What are the odds of the homer? Is he Michigan's to lose right now?

Latest posts