4 game win streak proved to be fools gold

HaydenHawk56

if we were thinking 8 wins.

Very nice to beat the teams we were suppose to beat.....although we struggled at various times in those games.

However, dirty MSU exposed us today. Hopefully the injuries we suffered today will not be to lingering, but going to be real tough sledding now that we are going to start playing half-way competent teams.

I hope we can keep improving and at least get bowl eligible. Going to be tough.

And, when will this staff ever learn about the invention of the fake punt, onside kick, etc?

More power to those optimist that saw 8 wins. That was really a pipe dream and wasn't ever happening.

IMO only there is only one team that is Half-Way competent and it's Purdue. The rest are very competent.

Last edited:
That's what fans do. Overreact in both directions. Iowa's defense was exposed today for what we knew their weakness was, the pass. What made it worse was the offense not sustaining any kind of drive. That , combined with the 2 quick Turnovers and another damn fake punt failure makes the defense very tired. This is just one loss, hopefully everyone will heal up. One week off and then get ready for a beating in Columbus as we really aren't playing a college team there, that's a semi-professional team. After that, then regroup and try to get 2 more wins.

Iowa is at 4-2, same as last year at this point, only last year we were 2-0 in the B10 after beating MSU. We got to get and stay healthy and get 4 quarters from the QB if we are going to get to at least 6 wins.

I was not thinking 8 wins. 6 max.........but the play of the team the last 4 games got people talking 8 or more. MSU game almost certainly proves this wrong.

Was actually expecting a win today. Knew the offense would have a hard time, but not that bad. That was just a joke. Secondary once again made a mediocre QB look like Joe Montana. I'm not sure there are two more wins on the schedule, but maybe they'll get lucky somewhere.

If you were thinking 8 wins in any vein other than that's the absolutely best case scenario possible but probably won't happen, then that's on you.

Exactly. Didnt Iowa start 4-2 last year?

Purdue is a lock, and Wisconsin at 3-2 looks VERY beatable. Pull off 1 upset and 7-5, 6-6 is VERY possible.

5 was what I was always thinking - and still looks like 5

Which one more year of 4 or 5 (after this one) and there will be a new coaching staff.

I was hoping that we might somehow squeeze out a win today so we had a solid chance for 6 wins. Win 5 looks pretty attainable, but I'm not sure where we are going to get number 6...

Here we are in the 4th year of a downward trend and hoping to finally break the trend with a 6 win season. You would think by now entering the 4th year we might be able to build a rebound defined by something other than a .500% season.

Has the feel of a carnival game barker........."stick and stay it's bound to pay".

We looked like a totally diffrent team today. We didn't play like a team that wanted to win

An inept offense with a young QB exposed our defense and lack of pass coverage. We should consider ourselves lucky that Minny is a heavy run team and ISU didn't figure out they could pass on us until it was too late. Purdue is a horrid team and I still count that as a win but otherwise any team that can throw the ball at a high school level will torch our D. 5-7 guys.

Latest posts