3 Join WAC in 2012

lets schedule Texas State, they would officially be a div 1 school. That is also where Arvell Nelson went to finish his career.

Texas State sounds like a fictional school.........Isn't that the school the waterboy beat in the bourbon bowl?

Honestly, Texas State might be the next South Florida. Huge school (33,000 students) in a recruiting hotbed. It takes a while to build a program, but they have the resources.

The WAC and the Sun Belt should make a Superconference agreement for football. Each conference plays within their own conference schedule and then they play a championship game between the top teams from each conference. You could alternate between conference where the title game was played. The MAC and CUSA should do the same. Then you could do a bowl with the Champ from CUSA and MAC against SB/WAC.

The WAC and the Sun Belt should make a Superconference agreement for football. Each conference plays within their own conference schedule and then they play a championship game between the top teams from each conference. You could alternate between conference where the title game was played. The MAC and CUSA should do the same. Then you could do a bowl with the Champ from CUSA and MAC against SB/WAC.

interesting, almost a 1-AA (FCS) playoff, what if they are ranked in the top 4?

Playoff, what a novel idea, maybe they should think of trying that for Division I football, my guess is some people might think that is a good idea.

The thing I haven't liked about the playoff talk is that I think you cannot do it with the current model, because it overly favors strong teams from weak conferences.

I say have 4 16 or 18 team Superconferences split into 2 divisions with a championship game. The Champ from each conference gets in to the playoff.

All the other D - 1 teams get put into 4 conferences and there is a playoff between the champion from these conferences for an autobid.

That puts 5 teams in a playoff, with 3 at large spots. The three at large would be chosen by a selection committee with a rep from each major conference and one non-major rep.

This is a good move for the University of Denver. They have been the school furthest west in the Sun Belt, with the next closest school being North Texas, and then two schools in Arkansas. It eliminates traveling to Miami for the likes of Florida Atlantic and Florida International.

The WAC, meanwhile, has a school from Louisiana, but also schools from Utah and New Mexico, and then Hawaii. The proximity will help.

And at any rate, DU doesn't have a football team and it's doubtful they'd ever add one, no baseball team, a so-so basketball team, and this allows their hockey and lacrosse teams to remain in their existing conferences (although those have/will be shaken up by other realignments).

1. Arvel Nelson plays QB at Texas Southern here in Houston.
2. Texas State, in the movies, was based (played at) on the Mean Green of North Texas, Coach Fry's stepping stone to Iowa.
3. Texas State-San Marcos is the former Southwest Texas, stepping stones for Jim Wacker and Rice's coach Bailiff (sp.). Beautiful campus and notorious party school!

I agree with the Denver move. My take is that all the non-BCS schools should be in regional conferences and they should have a playoff system for an autobid.

Divisions North (Mostly MAC,) Southeast (half SB, half CUSA,) Mid, (Texas and mtn) West

Latest posts