2021 was unique now on to 2022

NCHawker

They Hawkeyes got the most out of its 2021 schedule where they played and defeated two highly ranked opponents. That is RARE. And on to next year.

1635979111875.png

That looks like a representative schedule with the East crossover, the Clones, and former Hawk Jay Norvell (if he hasn't moved up the ladder by then) bringing a tough Nevada team in.

we-are-so-fucked-miranda-croft.gif

A few final thoughts on 2021.

1) The offense. It occured to me that while it was obvious the OLIne was the weakness,

2) The WR position was also weak. Tyrone Tracy did not 'show up' and progress - got beat out by freshmen. That's not good. How many passes were thrown away because nobody was optn

3) QB position was weak. Some of that was OLIne, Some of that was WR and some of that was the players themselves

4) Perfect storm on the OLine with one player retiring and 2 others injured and questionable talent by some of the new guys.

5) X and Os I don't know. Hell its easy to stay this play or that play was a bad call when it didn't work. Who really knows enough about the game. How many pass plays were called but never happened because of a sack? Same with running plays?

6) How many opponents pissed down their leg against Iowa? Some was forced others were just self destruction by the other guys.

For the bowl game I am optimistic of improvements. I think the OLine will improve and we'll see a better passing game and a running game that is improved. I have all the faith in IKM.

1) The offense. It occured to me that while it was obvious the OLIne was the weakness,

2) The WR position was also weak. Tyrone Tracy did not 'show up' and progress - got beat out by freshmen. That's not good. How many passes were thrown away because nobody was optn

3) QB position was weak. Some of that was OLIne, Some of that was WR and some of that was the players themselves

4) Perfect storm on the OLine with one player retiring and 2 others injured and questionable talent by some of the new guys.

5) X and Os I don't know. Hell its easy to stay this play or that play was a bad call when it didn't work. Who really knows enough about the game. How many pass plays were called but never happened because of a sack? Same with running plays?

6) How many opponents pissed down their leg against Iowa? Some was forced others were just self destruction by the other guys.

For the bowl game I am optimistic of improvements. I think the OLine will improve and we'll see a better passing game and a running game that is improved. I have all the faith in IKM.

Good points and review above and like you say we do not know whether the play is an audible sometimes and on pass plays we dont know all the routes.

As far as next year, 5-2 would be good by the bye week, if our offense doesnt crush it against jackrabbits then we might be called the pussycats. S Dakota St I think has a pretty good program.

Then how many starters does ISU, Minny, and Purdue lose for next year? I think ISU loses a lot and the game is at Kinnick. If the hawks are really good they should handily handle Nevada. I think Minny loses enough players to be lesser and the hawks have their number.

The Purdue game will be tough and if the hawks lose that game beating Mich might be a must win.

If the hawks do their normal improvement I think they go 5-0 to end the year.

So I would say 8 to 10 wins most likely depending on the Purdue and Wisky games.

Damn. This was really good stuff.

Latest posts