2012 Football Prediction Thread

big10fan

I looked for one, couldn't find it. Figure with a couple weeks away we should be getting people's guesses on record. Come all, homers and haters!

For a bonus you can guess who will have the first TD of the season.

I'm going with 8-4 (4-4 in conference) with losses to MSU, Mich, jNW and Nebby (boo!)

Also going on record with CJ Fed getting the first TD of the season.

What you got?

7-5

09/01/2012 vs. Northern Illinois @ Soldier Field LOSS (I sure hope not, but...)
09/08/2012 vs. Iowa State @ Kinnick Stadium WIN
09/15/2012 vs. Northern Iowa @ Kinnick Stadium WIN
09/22/2012 vs. Central Michigan @ Kinnick Stadium WIN
09/29/2012 vs. Minnesota @ Kinnick Stadium WIN
10/13/2012 at Michigan State @ Spartan Stadium LOSS
10/20/2012 vs. Penn State @ Kinnick Stadium WIN GUARANTEED
10/27/2012 at Northwestern @ Ryan Field LOSE (f'n house of horrors)
11/03/2012 at Indiana @ Memorial Stadium WIN
11/10/2012 vs. Purdue @ Kinnick Stadium WIN
11/17/2012 at Michigan @ Michigan Stadium LOSS
11/23/2012 vs. Nebraska @ Kinnick Stadium LOSS

7-5
Losses to: MSU, Mich, Purdue, NW, Nebraska.
Yeah, that's right. End the season on a 3 game skid. AIRBHG decimates us at RB again.

5-7 Start the season 0-3 and the fans will want Davis fired, even though he will be the Anti-O'Keefe. Defense will struggle mightily, but fans will be upset with an 0-3 team that is averaging 30ppg and blaming the offense for the losses.

JVB will have a monster year because he has too as Iowa will struggle to run the ball consistently. Here is a question though...does Iowa have any atheltes that don't really have a position, like an undersized WR or DB that could create match-up nightmares in space and just plug him in at RB?

5-7 Start the season 0-3 and the fans will want Davis fired, even though he will be the Anti-O'Keefe. Defense will struggle mightily, but fans will be upset with an 0-3 team that is averaging 30ppg and blaming the offense for the losses.

JVB will have a monster year because he has too as Iowa will struggle to run the ball consistently. Here is a question though...does Iowa have any atheltes that don't really have a position, like an undersized WR or DB that could create match-up nightmares in space and just plug him in at RB?

people will go insane on here if we go 5-7. i.n.s.a.n.e.

put nico law in. he's crazy enough for the position.

Impossible to know at this point. Might as well go play the lottery. I do feel that the key to being successful will fall on the offense. Move the ball, eat up the clock and keep our defense off the field. Do that and 9-3 is possible with a few breaks. Do the opposite and 5-7 is likely. Averaging the two out results in 7-5 like a few of you have stated.

Losing to UNI? Not happening

After watching the practice yesterday and seeing the very real holes and lack of depth in several spots on this roster, they just look like a 7-5 outfit, with a very real possibility of 6-6 if they hit a string of bad luck with injuries. I was thinking 8-4 beforehand but there is just no way this team is good enough to win all of the swing games.

Last edited:
8-5 with a bowl win

I always find statements like this comical as you have no idea what bowl we would play in or who the opponent could possibly even be.

It's one thing to speculate on already scheduled games, but it takes a "special" kind of prognosticator to predict games that don't even exist at this point in time.

I always find statements like this comical as you have no idea what bowl we would play in or who the opponent could possibly even be.

It's one thing to speculate on already scheduled games, but it takes a "special" kind of prognosticator to predict games that don't even exist at this point in time.

Lighten up, Francis. It's a thread predicated on guessing.

I think i heard ken miller say we would be favored in vegas in 9 games. 9 seems high with an inexperienced DL and Rb as well as i personally think we are weak at the WR position.

8-4

Prolly lose two games we are favored in and win one which we arent and my guess would be the Nebby game.

Latest posts