2011 Volleyball Championships

sportstalent

The BIG led the way in total teams with 8 and 5 national seeds.

PSU has won the last four titles and has the number 8 overall seed.

Nebraska(2), Illinois(3), Purdue(5), Minnesota(13), other teams in the field from the BIG are Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State.

Something else that is notable:
Iowa State is the No. 4 overall seed and UNI comes in at the No. 6 overall seed.

I wish Iowa could become competitive in the BIG, it would be nice to see.

How does the 5th ranked team in the country (RPI) end up being a 6 seed in a 64 team tournament?

Iowa finished 11-22 towards the bottom of the B1G. They have their work cut out for them to compete with UNI & Iowa State.

How does the 5th ranked team in the country (RPI) end up being a 6 seed in a 64 team tournament?

Iowa finished 11-22 towards the bottom of the B1G. They have their work cut out for them to compete with UNI & Iowa State.

How do the top 3 teams in the poll end up in the same regional?

The people that do these brackets screw up every sport; not just basketball.

oops, I did not look at the brackets. UNI is seeded 6th and they only seed the top 15. So not a bad seed, hopefully UNI can take advantage of the 2 home matches to get into the sweet 16.

Ohio State beat MTSU today 3-1 in the opening round.

UNI plays Niagra, my wife and I coached against one of their players, Kari Honomichl, when she was in high school. Major talent, but a major attitude...very good all-around player.

Wow, really, that is what you are going with?

The narrowmindedness that surrounds this sport is absolutely amazing.

If you want to watch real athletes play a sport tune in.

Go crawl back under your rock.

Last edited:
Sexy+Volleyball+Women+Players+Hot+Pictures+%252817%2529.jpg

Teams still alive from the BIG:
MSU
Michigan
Ohio State
Illinois
Minnesota
Purdue
Penn State

Only team to lose thus far: Nebraska to Kansas State

Michigan State was knocked off by No. 1 seed Texas.

Michigan knocked off No. 11 Stanford
PSU, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota and OSU are still alive.

Illinois/OSU will play each other and are in the same bracket as Michigan, who will play Florida next.

Damn, UNI got knocked out by Florida.

hey imported, don't open the thread if you don't care about volleyball.

Volleyball is worthless without pics. Was hoping for some more Vin classics. Sorry father

Ignorance is bliss, if you really appreciate what athletes can do, just watch the game...you may really be impressed.
The players are better athletes in the mens and womens than most other sports. It is easy to dismiss a sport that you don't understand or can't play.
Oh wait, you can probably play really good because it is an easy game...

Damn, UNI got knocked out by Florida.

hey imported, don't open the thread if you don't care about volleyball.

Yeah, it does stink, I was hoping to see them go to the Elite 8 and play against Illinois, if Illinois beats Ohio State.

It is amazing to see how many BIG teams are left, hopefully one can continue to dominance.

Volleyball is worthless without pics. Was hoping for some more Vin classics. Sorry father
Ignorance is bliss, if you really appreciate what athletes can do, just watch the game...you may really be impressed.The players are better athletes in the mens and womens than most other sports. It is easy to dismiss a sport that you don't understand or can't play.Oh wait, you can probably play really good because it is an easy game...

At what point did I say volleyball wasnt a sport??? The same place where I said they weren't athletes I suppose.

Latest posts