2011 Recruiting class IMPACT!

thekmish

I don't know about everyone else, but I am very excited about this incoming class. Who do you think will have the biggest impact early on?

I really like the odds that Coe will get some carries early and often and Spears to contribute to the success of Morris.

Thoughts?

I think campbell could get some serious time. HOPEFULLY we impliment some sort of nickel or atleast a scheme with more D backs and he can get on the field to show us that speed!

Kick-off and punt return postions need to be filled and there is some speed in this class. I could see Canzeri being a dangerous return man even as a freshman.

Nico Law, Canzeri, Coop, McCall, Coe, maybe one of the WR

I'm not sure that any other than McCall will get significant playing time at a position. However, several of them will get a ton of time on special teams.

With holes on the D-line, I would think Cooper would get an early nod.

If he is really 280, then Cooper is already heavier than Klug...not saying he will be as productive, but he should hold up just fine. Very explosive in his H.S. vids.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am very excited about this incoming class. Who do you think will have the biggest impact early on?

I really like the odds that Coe will get some carries early and often and Spears to contribute to the success of Morris.

Thoughts?

I think Spears redshirts unless he earns a spot on special teams. There are quite a few LB's in front of him and I don't see him getting on the field on a regular basis unless there are many injuries.

Good class.
It would have been an outstanding class with some more DBs and WRs.
What else is new at Iowa?

Good class.
It would have been an outstanding class with some more DBs and WRs.
What else is new at Iowa?

We could certainly have used more WRs ... however, I don't think that we had a huge need for more guys in the secondary. It would have been nice to land Hendy ... however, it wasn't any big blow to our future depth.

If you look at the 2011 secondary, apart from a lack of starting experience at safety ... I think that the group looks pretty good.

At cornerback:

starters = Hyde and Prater

Obvious "up and comer" = Lowery (nearly everything I've heard about the kid is glowing)

experienced depth = Lowe and Castillo

newbies = Campbell and Lomax

If you ask me, the depth DEFINITELY seems to be "there" at CB.

At safety:

top candidates for starting spots = Miller and Bernstine

Obvious "up and comer" = Hitchens

depth = Swanson, Donatell (potentially could be candidate at SS), and Nick Nielsen

newbie = Nico Law (could be an early contributer, but I kinda hope he redshirts)

I really don't know what to say about our safety "situation." I'm VERY confident in Miller and I'm VERY excited about Hitchens and Law. Thus, there's a lot to like about how things look at safety. Furthermore, it's not like we're hurting for guys who have been in our system for a while. Considine was a special teams ace for 2 years before he hit the field running ... and then proved to be a VERY impressive 2-year starter for us. Thus, given that Bernstine, Swanson, Donatell, and Nielsen are all "veterans" under Phil Parker's tutelate ... I'm not going to count out ANY of them for a moment.

I hope these guys all have an even more positive impact off the field than they hopefully will on the field.

Latest posts