2011 Green Bay Packers appreciation thread

InNormwetrust

As reigning super bowl champs, who feels we have a shot at repeating? We had our #1 rb hurt almost all of last year, and #1 te as well. With those two guys back I'm smelling...

Our 14th championship.

Go Pack Go!

They have a lot of young talent so the could definitely repeat.

Letting Cullen Jenkins go may come back to haunt them. His replacment has a very difficult time staying healthy.

They conern on offense I would have for them is their 1st team OL didn't perform well during the preseason. I think they're fine on the right side but the left side could be in a little trouble once the real bullets start flying.

The Packers will be just fine. They may not win the Super Bowl, but they are very well positioned for the future. Unlike the Eagles or Patriots, Thompson will not mortgage the future for today.

I can't say enough about Thompson. He stuck to his guns & told Favre to take a hike. At the time, Thompson & Rodgers were the two most hated men in Wisconsin. Yet, after last year's Super Bowl, he did not gloat.

The last decade or so the AFC representative in the Super Bowl has been the Steelers, Patroits or the Colts. I do not think that changes it will be the Patroits or the Steelers. Lot of people are on the Chargers bandwagon, but I will believe it when I see it.

No NFC team has repeated since what? The Cowboys???? I think either the falcons, saints, or the Eagles somehow gets by Green Bay.

And yes I am still bitter over last years Super Bowl.:)

Wouldn't be surprised to see these two meet again in January. GB with a huge advantage now playing in an easier division and with the head to head tiebreaker.

On a side note, don't like the PI call on Hawk on the second to last play. There was some contact but not anymore than on most passing plays. Got to swallow the whistle on that one.

Got lucky Payton took the ball out of Brees' hand. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

This. I will never understand a play call like that when your QB is rolling down the field like that, and you couldn't get 1 yard on the ground in key situations all night.

Wouldn't be surprised to see these two meet again in January. GB with a huge advantage now playing in an easier division and with the head to head tiebreaker.

On a side note, don't like the PI call on Hawk on the second to last play. There was some contact but not anymore than on most passing plays. Got to swallow the whistle on that one.

Not so sure the division is that much easier. Saints, Falcons, Bucs are really tough. But Packers, Lions, and Bears are almost as good. Not to mention the Vikings are at least average, where as Carolina is completely incompetent.

"we?" were you on the team?

Of course he's not..he's a fan! I don't get this idea that you can't say "we" when talking about the team you cheer for. I doubt anyone truly thinks Norm is implying he played a personal role on the field and is trying to impersonate a player.

Go Pack!

Repeating as champ is difficult to do, so not really expecting it.

The defense concerns me.....and if Traemon Williams is out for any length of time...that will make things that much worse.

Not so sure the division is that much easier. Saints, Falcons, Bucs are really tough. But Packers, Lions, and Bears are almost as good. Not to mention the Vikings are at least average, where as Carolina is completely incompetent.

Chalk it up to very different opinions I guess. I see the Falcons, Bucs, & Saints as better teams than anyone in the North outside of GB and by a significant margin.

I see the Lions as a team on the rise and the most likely division loss for GB will be to them.

The Bears had the most unlikely season I've ever seen an NFL team have. Nobody got hurt. They had the fewest opening day starters miss time of any NFL team. No way that happens again. GB had the most and they still won the SB. If Chicago was going to take this group of Packers down, last year was their best chance.

The Vikings aren't that much different from last year when they were the worst team in the division. They just subbed McNabb for Favre and lost Williams, McKinney, & Rice. Their OL could have some serious issues.

Latest posts