2010 All-Big Ten Teams

DJK 1st team coaches and honorable mention media?
obviously some coaches besides Kirk think a lot of DJK.

I was a bit surprised that Stanzi did not at least get honorable mention honors. Considering the high passer rating and high TD:INT ratio, I thought he was worthy. I always considered HM an honor thrown out relatively easily to upper classmen that have played numerous years, especially a classy leader like Ricky, I guess I was surprised they did not throw him that bone...

Stanzi crapped out a bit at the tail end of the season. He could have easily had 30+ passing TDs and maybe even fewer INTs.

Plus, it was a QB year this year in the Big Ten with Dernard, Persa, Chappell, Stanzi, Cousins, Weber, Pryor, Tolzien...

The 2nd best QB in Iowa history (to some) couldnt even make honorable mention leading the big ten in passer effiency....

there were some interesting contrasts with the media and coach's vote. obviously the coaches really respect the iowa WR and the media didn't.

kinda surprised to see AC on the first team. not because i don't think he's good, just that there were so many good DE's out there this year. he probably wouldn't have been 1st team if you had to have 2 DE's and 2 DT's as Watt and Kerrigan got a lot done this year.

really surprised that Ricky didn't even get HM. he's a finalist for a major college award. he won't win, but Hyde got HM, so you'd think Rick would too.

Ricky not at least getting HM is strange. Discrepencies in WR between media and coaches is a glaring "Huh". Also I think Donahue deserved more respect than he got.

Stanzi crapped out a bit at the tail end of the season. He could have easily had 30+ passing TDs and maybe even fewer INTs.

Plus, it was a QB year this year in the Big Ten with Dernard, Persa, Chappell, Stanzi, Cousins, Weber, Pryor, Tolzien...

i thought only throwing 4 was pretty good

I don't know why people are surprised by the Sanzu exclusion. Sure he had a nice completion %, but that was built on a healthy dose of check downs. The people that vote these teams saw the same thing we all did, which is a QB that failed to move the chains and put points on the board. More importantly they saw a QB repeatedly come up small in big situations and lose games.

Latest posts