1st Day of Practice Interviews, Practice Footage

OMG! It's in the air! I can smell it now, finally. Body odor, stinky, sweaty practice jerseys, smelly sneakers. Iowa basketball is just around the corner! Our first goal: get through the practices, without injury and no-one getting the Covid! Get the new guys and especially Ogundele caught up and up to par with the rest of the team! GO HAWKS!!!

That year of academy ball must have really helped their respective games. I remember @lightning1 coming on here and saying neither would become B1G level players.

Ligntning's kid was their HS teammate at Cedar Rapids Prairie so he would have seen all their games.
Lightning trashed every Iowa program whenever he could. He said a lot of things that turned out to be completely false.

Lightning trashed every Iowa program whenever he could. He said a lot of things that turned out to be completely false.
It was his abrasivness that rubbed some the wrong way and he made no apologies for it.

Sometimes he was right, especially when our 2018 basketball meltdown could have easily cost Fran his job. Sometimes he was wrong, like when he piled on a young Luka Garza and when he said Tyler Cook would never sniff the NBA. He also said we had little chance of making the 2019 NCAA's and @InGoodCo took him up on it.

Many of us have trashed Iowa athletics at times. I've done a bit of it myself. Lightning wasn't the Lone Ranger.

As for the Murray's, it wouldn't be dog bites man news if the year of academy ball and subsequent physical maturing did allow them to make quantum leaps in their games. At that age crazy things can happen. Look at Aaron White, to name one example.

Patrick looks way more mature than last year, man what a year can do.
my thoughts as well. He looks so much more ready to contribute than a year ago. Both he and CJ showed how huge a redshirt year can be for "growing up". Thinking he will play an important role this year.

Fran will be pissing his pants seeing both his boys out there at the same time.

Nunge has also put on 25? pounds and its all muscle I hear! I think he's 245 now. Came in at 225.

Sure would be fun if Jack would turn out to be a beast. He certainly has made a big time commitment to the team!
If he could give Garza 10-12 minutes of rest per game it could make Luka an even better player.

Garza logged huge minutes last year. It got to the point where Fran would anticipate upcoming media timeouts to minimize the amount of game time Luka missed. Luka would miss only a couple minutes game time but get five or six minutes of real time rest.

Last edited:

Latest posts