1985 World Series Jon

pistons

The Royals stole that WS from the cardinals thanks to a terrible call by an Umpire from Waterloo!

At least get the year right that you stole the World Series

Game 7 anybody? What was the final score like 11-2? John Tudor, Sutter, Andujar, Whitey Ford somebody didn't show up to pitch that day.

I have a copy of a newspaper article showing Denkinger signing a picture of the play at first base with Todd Worrell.

The Royals stole that WS from the cardinals thanks to a terrible call by an Umpire from Waterloo!

Baloney. If the Cards weren't good enough to overcome a single blown call and finish the game, then they didn't deserve to win it. They only needed one more out to finish it off in Game 6, and they couldn't get it done. Instead, St. Louis spent the rest of the 9th inning of Game 6, and all of Game 7, whining and feeling sorry for themselves instead of playing baseball.

The Royals stole nothing; they took advantage of a break and kept playing.

The Cardinals and their fans need to quit crying in their beer 25 years after the fact and realize that they lost.

What's hilarious is that Cardinal fans are usually the first to jump Cubs fans whenever "Bartman" gets brought up...

Oh Cardinals Fans. Get Over It! Try crying about the Cardinals Not even trying in game 7.

SAFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great year. What year did I say, and where did I botch it? Being a Royals fan, it feels like so long ago.

And stop complaining; if Jack Clark doesn't goof the foul ball, Denkinger's call doesn't even matter

BTW, that guy is a big Hawk fan...I was at an Waterloo I-Club even with him once.

Last edited:
Baloney. If the Cards weren't good enough to overcome a single blown call and finish the game, then they didn't deserve to win it. They only needed one more out to finish it off in Game 6, and they couldn't get it done. Instead, St. Louis spent the rest of the 9th inning of Game 6, and all of Game 7, whining and feeling sorry for themselves instead of playing baseball.

The Royals stole nothing; they took advantage of a break and kept playing.

The Cardinals and their fans need to quit crying in their beer 25 years after the fact and realize that they lost.

This is the stupidist post i have ever read....surely you are joking because if you are not then you are either A Royals fan or just clueless as they come.

I find it funny that Cardinal fans still complain about it. They won a World Series just what 4 years ago.

Again, He was SAFE!

It was a great year. What year did I say, and where did I botch it? Being a Royals fan, it feels like so long ago.

And stop complaining; if Jack Clark doesn't goof the foul ball we never get to Denkinger's questionable call.

BTW, that guy is a big Hawk fan...I was at an Waterloo I-Club even with him once.
Don is a class act

This is the stupidist post i have ever read....surely you are joking because if you are not then you are either A Royals fan or just clueless as they come.

Clueless as to what? The Cardinals not even showing up for game 7? Royals torched the Cardinals for 11 runs in Game 7. Nice Pitching Cardinals. Pretty impressive for Game 7 of the World Series. Stop Crying, you won a world Series since then.

And stop complaining; if Jack Clark doesn't goof the foul ball, Denkinger's call doesn't even matter

You said '87 Jon...I think it was a misspeak and not a "misremember"...thank you Roidger Clemens for giving us that word...

of course umps are never wrong :D

He probably ok was out but even so, the Cardinals still could have just shuck(sp) it of and played the rest of the game and the series out. 11 runs in game 7, ELEVEN. Royals wanted it more and it showed in the clincher. Cardinal fans you just won a world series. 1985 shouldn't even be in your minds anymore. I freaken would love for the Royals and yes Im a Cubs fan as well, to win a World Series. But no way do I see the Royals doing in the near future with their management that is in place. Right now, with the way the royals have hit, they should be 10-2 right now and thats not a joke eiter. The Pitching, especially the Bullpen has been horrundus. And most of that is all on the Management for their moves they made for the Bullpen.

What in my post was a joke, stupid, clueless, or incorrect? Go back, read what I typed, and let everyone know.

It was a blown call. I get it. But St. Louis still needed just one more out, and they couldn't get it. They choked. Then, in Game 7, they didn't even show up.

You and the rest of the Cardinal fans need to get over it. It was 25 years ago and your team wasn't good enough to overcome one simple blown call. Great teams can overcome some adversity, but the '85 Cardinals couldn't get the job done.