1985 Bob Hope All American Football team

And I think the Hawks were ranked #1 by Playboy in 1963 or so. Those were great to look at, er I mean read also.

Remember Brian Bosworth from Oklahoma in the 80's? My sister gave me his book for Christmas many years ago. In it he ripped many people, including Bob Hope. Bosworth talked about being in this show. He called him Bob "No'" Hope. I threw the book in the garbage after that.

Yup. "Snook to Noonan, incomplete." I think Iowa won one game.

My dad took us to one of Gary Snook's senior games , might have been that season, and the fans were booing. I was 12 and didnt understand what booing was, probably the first time I heard it. Not sure if they were booing Burns and coaches or players also.

Remember Brian Bosworth from Oklahoma in the 80's? My sister gave me his book for Christmas many years ago. In it he ripped many people, including Bob Hope. Bosworth talked about being in this show. He called him Bob "No'" Hope. I threw the book in the garbage after that.

Was the the book he wrote shortly after getting out of college? I heard that he went off on a lot of folks in it. He seems like a genuinely changed man, now. He broke down in tears and apologized to a room full of former Sooners during a recent special. I think The Boz persona embarrasses him now. Regardless, what a player. Had he not been kicked out the team for the 1987 season, he would most certainly have won a third Butkus Award. He's one of the five best college linebackers ever, IMO.

Was the the book he wrote shortly after getting out of college? I heard that he went off on a lot of folks in it. He seems like a genuinely changed man, now. He broke down in tears and apologized to a room full of former Sooners during a recent special. I think The Boz persona embarrasses him now. Regardless, what a player. Had he not been kicked out the team for the 1987 season, he would most certainly have won a third Butkus Award. He's one of the five best college linebackers ever, IMO.
Yes, that book came out early in his career. He said terrible things about people he had met in his life back then. I think ESPN did a 30 on 30 of him. He did seem remorseful.

52d1828fd7a093da8d387110.L.jpg

Man, can you imagine if one team had the first 5 picks in the draft and stockpiled the Boz, Bo, Chuck Long, Lo White and Larry Station all on the same team?