’17 TX WR Beau Corrales Discusses Sunday’s Iowa Offer

That's what I was thinking also. Not the fastest WR but he is 6' 4" and gets a lot of yards after the catch.
He gets an incredible number of yards after catch. Don't care what position he plays as long as it is at Iowa.

Last edited:
Beau looks faster his senior year than what he did his Junior year videos. I think his speed would make him an exceptional TE, but he needs to develop more speed for WR. Definitely has potential either way.

Maybe it's just me, but I think he looked faster than a 4.71 40 speed. I think Brandon Smith, Gavin Holmes, Corrales and Martin, would be a nice stable of receivers to grow with Stanley and then Mansell.

Maybe it's just me, but I think he looked faster than a 4.71 40 speed. I think Brandon Smith, Gavin Holmes, Corrales and Martin, would be a nice stable of receivers to grow with Stanley and then Mansell.
Are you talking about Corrales' speed? Cuz, he looked slower than 4.71 to me. If he comes to Iowa, I'll put $1,000 on him being a TE.

The staff must think he's fast enough, so who knows. I hope he's a good option if Martin goes elsewhere.

Are you talking about Corrales' speed? Cuz, he looked slower than 4.71 to me. If he comes to Iowa, I'll put $1,000 on him being a TE.

Yes, I am. Once he gets going, he's faster than 4.71. Sometimes it takes folks a few steps to get all the body parts moving in the same direction.

Yes, I am. Once he gets going, he's faster than 4.71. Sometimes it takes folks a few steps to get all the body parts moving in the same direction.
I take it back. 4.71 is probably accurate. That 4.47 from Hudl is bs. This guy will make a fine tight end for the Hawkeyes if he so chooses.

I don't think he is at 4.47 speed, but he did seem to be the fastest kid on the field by at least a couple steps. I am not sure the level of competition he was playing against, but even small town schools have the vaulted "Texas Speed"

The 4.47 was from a football camp in Texas this summer, but Beau himself said he usually runs 4.54 to 4.56.

Iowa is recruiting him as WR. Hillyer came in big, McNutt was that size, so was Davis, Brandon Smith is coming in that size. Iowa likes to have a big WR or two for sure and wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary at all.

The 40 is overrated. Usain Bolt wouldn't win the 40 if there was such an event in the Olympics because he's tall and lanky and it takes him a smidge longer to get out of the starting blocks. What matters is how fast a receiver is once he starts cruising at his top speed, if you're interested in speed of players.

Latest posts