149 seeding

Palmer beats Metcalf once and get the #1 seed...BS...Palmer lost twice during the regular season and Metcalf none, what is going on?

I think it is case of "what have you done lately?". Palmer beat Metcalf the last time that they met, which is fresh on the mind of the seeding committee.

Palmer beats Metcalf once and get the #1 seed...BS...Palmer lost twice during the regular season and Metcalf none, what is going on?

Not that it really matters with Metcalf, but I think he almost has an "easier" road to the finals as the #2 seed as the top half of the bracket is pretty tough and I don't think Palmer will get through it and make the finals.

Looking at Metcalf's half of the bracket.. the challengers appear to be Mueller (ISU) @ #7 and Terry (OU) @ #3.

As a not as die hard follower of the individual records and matchups, I was wondering what some of you more experienced wrestling fans thought of this?

Terry could have his hands full getting past Grajales in the 1st round. This is not a favorable matchup for him at all. I do think that if Terry gets to the semis that he poses the toughest matchup for Metcalf.

I don't think that Mueller poses a threat to Metcalf at all but could fight back on the other side and hopefully make the stand. To me Kyler is one of the tougher wrestlers on the bottom side but not sure that he would match up well with Metcalf.

Not that it really matters with Metcalf, but I think he almost has an "easier" road to the finals as the #2 seed as the top half of the bracket is pretty tough and I don't think Palmer will get through it and make the finals.

Or he'll be more worn out by the time he gets to Metcalf.

while i agree, i think one of the first criterion in the selection process is how they did at the qualifying tournament (which was big 10's). the win there had more weight in their system than the previous bouts.

It seems the seeding committee put even more emphasis on conference tourney performances than they had in prior years.

Also, Metcalf beat Terry by MD 14-5 in last year's quarters.

It seems the seeding committee put even more emphasis on conference tourney performances than they had in prior years.

Also, Metcalf beat Terry by MD 14-5 in last year's quarters.

I think it is safe to say they ONLY emphasize conference tourney performances. Varner last year, Metcalf this year. The only way you can even remotely justify those two jokes of seeding decisions is to exclusively look at the most recent conference tourney results.

It doesn't matter. Metcalf is the only guy where his seed makes no difference.

Hopefully he just uses it as some extra motivation and brings that title home to IC this year!

Latest posts