13 wins still possible

okeefe4prez

We have 12 more games on the schedule (10 regular season, Big Ten Title Game and Rose Bowl). Look at who is left. Nobody good. We are due to beat Nebraska at some point, why not this year (they just lost to UCLA). We have beaten Michigan several times in the past few years and the way our defense is playing, they will be lucky to score a TD (look at what Alabama did to them and watch us do the same). Michigan State got lucky against us last year and lost everyone good off of that team save for the RB, but we will shut him down. The rest of the schedule is a bunch of nobody teams who we will roll in accordance with the ordinary course of a Ferentz coached team (e.g., Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, etc.).

Then, look at how the conference title game is shaping up. Ohio State is not eligible for it and frankly, they are the only team that could match up with us in the Big Ten (though given that JVB nearly beat them as a freshman, I doubt they could beat us today), which will leave us with either a rematch against Purdue or a game against Illinois or Wisconsin, two teams with a host of issues (PSU is also out, of course). Our guys generally need two games to gel, and at game three the Doyle-ization process kicks in and the team really asserts itself. We made a season's worth of mistakes in the first two games, the staff now has game film with which to teach and Ferentz will get this young team on track starting with a 56-3 win this weekend.

blah blah blah
What do you think of the new forum software, Stupid Northwestern Troll?

We have 12 more games on the schedule (10 regular season, Big Ten Title Game and Rose Bowl). Look at who is left. Nobody good. We are due to beat Nebraska at some point, why not this year (they just lost to UCLA). We have beaten Michigan several times in the past few years and the way our defense is playing, they will be lucky to score a TD (look at what Alabama did to them and watch us do the same). Michigan State got lucky against us last year and lost everyone good off of that team save for the RB, but we will shut him down. The rest of the schedule is a bunch of nobody teams who we will roll in accordance with the ordinary course of a Ferentz coached team (e.g., Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, etc.).

Then, look at how the conference title game is shaping up. Ohio State is not eligible for it and frankly, they are the only team that could match up with us in the Big Ten (though given that JVB nearly beat them as a freshman, I doubt they could beat us today), which will leave us with either a rematch against Purdue or a game against Illinois or Wisconsin, two teams with a host of issues (PSU is also out, of course). Our guys generally need two games to gel, and at game three the Doyle-ization process kicks in and the team really asserts itself. We made a season's worth of mistakes in the first two games, the staff now has game film with which to teach and Ferentz will get this young team on track starting with a 56-3 win this weekend.

Game is weak.

thumbnail.aspx

That was probably the most logical post I've ever seen from OK4P. I with him ALL the way!

2012 Iowa Hawkeyes

13-1, Floyd of Rosedale Champions, Hero's Game Champions, Heartland Trophy Champions, B1G Legend Division Champions, B1G Championship Game Champions, Rose Bowl Champions.

A breath of fresh air. A sorbe if you will which cleansed the pallet. I had a small surge of adrenaline as I read. I have a clear sense of well being now. All those bandwagon haters can just kiss a fat dog's a--.

That was probably the most logical post I've ever seen from OK4P. I with him ALL the way!

2012 Iowa Hawkeyes

13-1, Floyd of Rosedale Champions, Hero's Game Champions, Heartland Trophy Champions, B1G Legend Division Champions, B1G Championship Game Champions, Rose Bowl Champions.

We need to cheer for USC to get into the national title game because I'm not sure we can beat them. Oregon may give us problems if they get to the Rose Bowl, but I suspect our defense would be unlike anything they've ever seen, especially if Phil has a few weeks to prepare.

Iowa 35
Oregon 32 (3 failed two point conversions)

Hypothetically, Indiana or Minnesota could win 14 games. That only applies to those taking a vacation from reality this week.

Hypothetically, Indiana or Minnesota could win 14 games. That only applies to those taking a vacation from reality this week.

No, because they will lose to Iowa. Guaranteed. This is not the same old Iowa team that lost back to back games against Indiana or Minnesota. No way those teams can win 14 games.

We need to cheer for USC to get into the national title game because I'm not sure we can beat them. Oregon may give us problems if they get to the Rose Bowl, but I suspect our defense would be unlike anything they've ever seen, especially if Phil has a few weeks to prepare.

Iowa 35
Oregon 32 (3 failed two point conversions)

I think we'd have to score 70 to beat Oregon, but after JVB figures out this new high powered offense, that shouldn't be a problem.
Hawks- 70
Ducks-68

I think we'd have to score 70 to beat Oregon, but after JVB figures out this new high powered offense, that shouldn't be a problem.
Hawks- 70
Ducks-68

That's just lunacy. We will not score 70 on Oregon. Though we changed coordinators, we are adhering to our strategy of shortening the game with long drives that crush the spirit of the defense and I doubt we will have 10 scoring possessions due to that strategy. Wisconsin put up 38 last year and their offense was about a FG better than ours because Ball is slightly better than Bullock, but our defense would not give up 45 to them. Oregon had a few long, really lucky plays that our defense is designed to prevent. That little running back would not pull away from Donatell like he ran away from Wisconsin's defense.

Latest posts