12/17/2018 - KENPOM/SAGARIN BIG TEN COMPOSITE RANKINGS

JG10Hawk

Big Ten Kenpom/Sagarin Composite Rankings:

upload_2018-12-17_11-48-37.png

Top 10 Conference Rankings:

upload_2018-12-17_11-49-31.png

*Note the NET is through Saturday's games as it has not been updated for Sunday's games yet.

crazy to see a 6-5 purdue team ranked so high. All their losses are "good losses" but they don't really have a single decent win besides maryland

Just seems to me this season is on a crash course for the bubble, how many B1G teams should get into the dance discussion with Iowa.

I believe 10-10 will get us in. Could 9-11 with a BTT win get us in? It’s possible.

Gettting to 10 wins is going to be difficult, but this team has the potential to do it. Hopefully they can play themselves into the right side of the bubble with double digit conference wins.

crazy to see a 6-5 purdue team ranked so high. All their losses are "good losses" but they don't really have a single decent win besides maryland

Interesting indeed. Their other wins are not all that impressive. I guess having the strongest SOS at the moment of all power schools is their saving grace.

Just seems to me this season is on a crash course for the bubble, how many B1G teams should get into the dance discussion with Iowa.

I believe 10-10 will get us in. Could 9-11 with a BTT win get us in? It’s possible.

Gettting to 10 wins is going to be difficult, but this team has the potential to do it. Hopefully they can play themselves into the right side of the bubble with double digit conference wins.

Due to the expanded conference schedule its really good that the B1G had such a great non conference showing this year. Should improve everyones resume within the conference

I think 8 B1G teams could get in this year. Iowa just needs to get that first conference win. Starting 0-5 would be brutal.

I agree, you almost have to think that getting to double digit wins gets them in. 9-11 would be interesting considering the should be undefeated non conference record. Hopefully Oregon, UConn, Iowa State, and Pitt can make some noise in their conferences to help the resume.

I agree, you almost have to think that getting to double digit wins gets them in. 9-11 would be interesting considering the should be undefeated non conference record. Hopefully Oregon, UConn, Iowa State, and Pitt can make some noise in their conferences to help the resume.
I do think the selection committee will be acutely aware of what Oregon and Iowa State were when we played them. With that said 11-0 non conference is 11-0 and there are plenty of opportunities for quality wins in this league this year. 10-10 should get us in, however it’s going to be pretty tough to get to 10 wins.

One thing is for certain, we have to start playing better on the road than we have over the last two seasons.

I think 10-10 in the conference would have us in for sure. One win in the BTT would be icing on the cake.

I do think the selection committee will be acutely aware of what Oregon and Iowa State were when we played them. With that said 11-0 non conference is 11-0 and there are plenty of opportunities for quality wins in this league this year. 10-10 should get us in, however it’s going to be pretty tough to get to 10 wins.

One thing is for certain, we have to start playing better on the road than we have over the last two seasons.

Agreed. The margin for error at home is nearly 0 and then they will need to get a couple on the road.

I'd be really happy with splitting Michigan/Michigan State. Somehow win the rest at home and you would have to steal 2 on the road to be .500 or more than 2 if they drop any other home games. Man this is going to be a tough conference.

Oregon should hopefully be able to feast on a really shitty Pac 12. Right now the Pac 12 has one ranked team...Arizona State. Meanwhile the Big 12 has Kansas and....everyone else. So Iowa State should make some noise there.

Oregon should hopefully be able to feast on a really shitty Pac 12. Right now the Pac 12 has one ranked team...Arizona State. Meanwhile the Big 12 has Kansas and....everyone else. So Iowa State should make some noise there.

Agreed, both should do well in their conferences. Here are the composite rankings for both conferences.

Big 12 (ISU 3rd):

upload_2018-12-17_16-17-32.png

Pac 12 (Oregon 1st):

upload_2018-12-17_16-18-21.png

Pitt is towards the bottom of the ACC and UConn is in the middle of the AAC.

Agreed. The margin for error at home is nearly 0 and then they will need to get a couple on the road.

I'd be really happy with splitting Michigan/Michigan State. Somehow win the rest at home and you would have to steal 2 on the road to be .500 or more than 2 if they drop any other home games. Man this is going to be a tough conference.
I’m not expecting 8-2 at home. We do have road games at Rutgers, Minnesota, Penn State, and Northwestern. Maybe an upset somewhere.

I think we will have to win at least 3 likely 4 B1G road games to have a chance. We have a ton of tough home games I expect to drop a few.

I’m not expecting 8-2 at home. We do have road games at Rutgers, Minnesota, Penn State, and Northwestern. Maybe an upset somewhere.

I think we will have to win at least 3 likely 4 B1G road games to have a chance. We have a ton of tough home games I expect to drop a few.

That would be my guess as well. I was just pointing out that the margin of error would be slim to none if they are unable to win on the road.

I'm thinking they probably split the 4 road games you mention and pull off an upset or two all the while dropping a few more at home and end up in the 9-11 win range.

As of today...

I will be disappointed with 10-10 because I think we are better than that...expecting at least 12-8. Michigan and Michigan State are the only 2 that I think are clearly better than us. I think Nebraska and Wisconsin are comparable.

As of today...

I will be disappointed with 10-10 because I think we are better than that...expecting at least 12-8. Michigan and Michigan State are the only 2 that I think are clearly better than us. I think Nebraska and Wisconsin are comparable.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they go 12-8 but I just don't expect it. It's definitely within their ceiling though in my opinion.

Latest posts