Votes: 19 43.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16 (4 divisions?)

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • more?

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree on the 2 divisions even with 16 teams (if ND joins) because ND, OSU, and MSU all have to be with Michigan and PU has to be with ND, and IU has to be with PU ... so

Division A:
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
+1

Division B:
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Wisconsin
+2

I don't like the idea of 16, but I suspect that is where it will all end up. !6 in the B10, Pac10, SEC and one other on the East Coast. That's where it's all headed.

Just keep TX out of the B10!

Fixed that for you

I think you're right. It looks like Texas is getting its perfect deal from Dan Beebe and Fox.

I want to change my vote. 14 is fine with Nebbie, UT, and ND. But if we don't get Texas, we're going to 16, just to get the cable subscribers.

Nebraska
Rutgers
Maryland
Syracuse
Notre Dame

If we can't wreck the Big XII, let's wreck the Big Least.

pass on Syracuse ... prefer Missouri or Virginia

I think Cuse is a key part of the full-court press (double meaning intended) the Big Ten will use in its NYC strategy. Rutgers + Syracuse + Notre Dame + Penn State + Ohio State + Michigan = quite possibly enough eyeballs in NYC to get the killer cable deal that will make Delaney kiss his pinky like Dr. Evil.

But I think the going will be slow, because Delaney's #1 strategic goal is maneuvering the Domers into the Big Ten. I think a Big East smash-and-grab may be his best bet, but it's a risky, "all-in" type of move. In this case, I wouldn't rule out Pitt, because not only is it a tremendous academic and cultural fit, but taking the Panthers along with Rutgers and Syracuse could be the coup de grace for the Big Easy. I mean, how many more Conference USA teams can they add before the BC$ finally says "no thanks?"

BTW: I voted for 12 based on a very literal interpretation of the question. Nobody else will be added soon enough, IMHO, to begin competition in the Big Ten Plus by the 2012-13 season.

Last edited:

Latest posts