11am kickoffs UGH....

angrypanda

Glad to see we already have three 11 am kickoffs for year, including homecoming. I guess this is the price we pay for having a crappy easy schedule. ISU might be our only home game not at 11am this year.....

Living on the East Coast, 11:00 kickoffs are my preference.

I actually wish I lived on the West Coast and could watch the games early in the morning and then get on with my day.

Meh. When we crush all of our opponents and go undefeated, then those pesky tv schedule people will learn.

Love 11 am kicks - get it out of the way and still have the rest of the day to watch other games of interest. Excuse to start drinking before 10 am.

When Delany asks next year which schools will be willing to kick off at dawn on Saturdays....Barta will be the first with his hand up.....as is Sally's motto...'' get them in early, get their fricking money,and get them the hell outta town before I have to smell them''

I agree ugh. 11 am kickoffs kill the most productive part of your day if you don't attend. The 2:30 is perfect: you have from like 9:00 to 2:00 to get whatever you need to done, then get some beer and watch the 2:30 game, and you still have your night free for social events.

20 years from now, middle aged men will wax about the good old days of college football, with the good old TV and how ESPN always had Iowa on at noon. They'll remember all that once was good, and still can be.

Love the 11:00 a.m. kickoff. Don't drink as much so early in the morning. Like to remember what I watch. Gonna have all day to celebrate those HAWKEYE wins.

Don't any of you guys tailgate? 11am starts are horrible for tailgating, especially on back-to-back weekends.

Glad to see we already have three 11 am kickoffs for year, including homecoming. I guess this is the price we pay for having a crappy easy schedule. ISU might be our only home game not at 11am this year.....

11 am cst 9 am pst sucks for people in the pst time zone and it sucks for people who fly in for the game I would rather have 1 pm or later heck even 12 pm would be better one hour makes a lot of difference.

Don't any of you guys tailgate? 11am starts are horrible for tailgating, especially on back-to-back weekends.

When you're talking about late October and November, this is so true. Colder than blazes and windy. Bah!

Exactly, 11am is rough when you have 3+ hours to travel and you want to get some tailgating in.

When you're talking about late October and November, this is so true. Colder than blazes and windy. Bah!

Yeah, when you travel a few hours for the game, 11am games are rough. And it does get hard to drink a cold beer through your ski mask when it's 35 degrees with a 20mph wind.

Latest posts