11/13/18 - Kenpom/Sagarin Big Ten Composite Rankings

JG10Hawk

Slow morning so decided to do some excel number crunching. Here's Kenpom & Sagarin current composite rankings. Obviously the sample size is super small at this point so there is a huge disparity between the two for some teams.

upload_2018-11-13_10-45-40.png

I really like Kenpom. Sagarin sucks.

I rarely look at Sagarin but thought I'd take a look and see the variances between the two up to this point. Note that the data used isn't 100% apples to apples as Sagarin's numbers are as of the end of Sunday while Kenpom is as of the end of Monday.

I rarely look at Sagarin but thought I'd take a look and see the variances between the two up to this point. Note that the data used isn't 100% apples to apples as Sagarin's numbers are as of the end of Sunday while Kenpom is as of the end of Monday.

Never mind, I just looked at my queries and it looks like they are both up to date through Monday's games. When I ran the first query this morning Sagarin was not updated yet.

Only meant that because Kenpom is making us look pretty good, while Sag's is making us look bad right now.;)

In case anybody is interested in how the conferences are ranking. So far so good for the Big Ten.

upload_2018-11-13_14-57-16.png