1 BCS bowl win away from being Elite?

Scooonie

Is this Hawkeye program 1 BCS bowl win away from being considered an Elite program? In my own opinion I don't think we would be quite there until we can recruit with the other big names primarily based on our name like they do and be a bit more consistent. I think we are at the top of the list of "Very good" programs but will take a couple of HUGE season's to give us the title of "Elite" If we end the season with a bang and at least win the Big 10 and get a big bowl win and with the schedule for 2010 this could be the makings of a new MONSTER OF THE MIDWEST! Exciting to think. Thought's?

Is this Hawkeye program 1 BCS bowl win away from being considered an Elite program? In my own opinion I don't think we would be quite there until we can recruit with the other big names primarily based on our name like they do and be a bit more consistent. I think we are at the top of the list of "Very good" programs but will take a couple of HUGE season's to give us the title of "Elite" If we end the season with a bang and at least win the Big 10 and get a big bowl win and with the schedule for 2010 this could be the makings of a new MONSTER OF THE MIDWEST! Exciting to think. Thought's?

I think it would take more than that. If you remember a couple of seasons ago Kansas went to a BCS game and won. I wouldn't call them elite right now. Granted we have more football history than KU. It would be step in the right direction but not elite yet.

My list of 'elite' programs:
USC
TX
Okie
Nebraska (their presence here on life support)
tOSU
Michigan
PSU
LSU
Florida
Alabama
Florida St. (life support)
Miami
Notre Dame (makes me feel dirty to say it)

My next 2 in if going to replace someone from above list
Va Tech
Georgia

The next rung:
Oregon
Cal
Iowa
Wisconsin
Tennessee
Auburn
Boston College
West Virginia

the last 2 spots in my '25 top programs' would be a pick 'em from
Boise St.
Pitt
Okie St.
GaTech
and Clemson

In my opinion, for Iowa to move up they would need 5 of the next 10 years to be like this year or 2002 and 3 more like last year/2003/2004

Latest posts