Will the CC Effect sustain?

The WNBA has already gained a lot and they haven't even drafted her yet. They should capitalize on her while they have the chance. I think she should hold out for a special deal. They are fools if they do not find a way to get her.

BTW, here is the official Olympic team roster:

The years they've been on the team are listed.

Ariel Atkins (2020)
Aliyah Boston
Napheesa Collier
(2020)
Kahleah Copper
Allisha Gray
(2020, 3x3)
Chelsea Gray (2020)
Brittney Griner (2016, 2020)
Rhyne Howard
Sabrina Ionescu
Betnijah Laney
Jewell Loyd
(2020)
Arike Ogunbowale
Kelsey Plum
(2020, 3x3)
Breanna Stewart (2016, 2020)
Diana Taurasi (2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020)
Alyssa Thomas
A’ja Wilson
(2020)
Jackie Young (2020, 3x3)
is this the final roster or have they yet to decide if CC makes it?

Caitlin Clark did a cameo on Saturday Night Live last night.
This was hilarious. If you are/were a Beavis and Butt-Head fan, make sure you watch this skit. I laughed out loud through the whole thing. Yes, I'm a 50 year old man and I need to grow up.

Caitlin Clark did a cameo on Saturday Night Live last night.

This is pretty cool. it looks like Kate Martin, Gabbie Marshall, and Jade Gyamfi were there on stage with Caitlin Clark when the host says good night and SNL plays the song for the closing credits at the end of the show.

Last edited:
BTW, here is the official Olympic team roster:

The years they've been on the team are listed.

Ariel Atkins (2020)
Aliyah Boston
Napheesa Collier
(2020)
Kahleah Copper
Allisha Gray
(2020, 3x3)
Chelsea Gray (2020)
Brittney Griner (2016, 2020)
Rhyne Howard
Sabrina Ionescu
Betnijah Laney
Jewell Loyd
(2020)
Arike Ogunbowale
Kelsey Plum
(2020, 3x3)
Breanna Stewart (2016, 2020)
Diana Taurasi (2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020)
Alyssa Thomas
A’ja Wilson
(2020)
Jackie Young (2020, 3x3)

France, this summer. With all of the trouble in the world. I'm concerned about terrorist attacks.

This is pretty cool. it looks like Kate Martin, Gabbie Marshall, and Jade Gyamfi were there on stage with Caitlin Clark when the host says good night and SNL plays the song for the closing credits at the end of the show.

Again, if you were Gabbie, Kate, Jada growing up, realizing that you actually would wind up playing for a D1 program, and then actually joining that program....
They did not think:
-they would be able to pick up some decent money doing TikToks for tax software, or getting a slice of the dough from pizza sales for a pizza named after you, or a share of some of the cash from Raygun on tee-shirts sold.
-they would be playing in packed arenas for virtually an entire season
-they would be playing regular season games on broadcast network prime time slots, let alone in front of a TV audience of 6 million, 8 million....damn near 20 million.
-they had dreams of playing in Final Fours, but if they were honest, they would say that they were more 'dreams' than very good chances. A goal. A legit goal. But, statistically fairly low chance.
-that they could turn on ESPN after any game, or see ESPN popping up in their feed with highlights that they were involved in. I mean, how many people saw the replays of Gabbie getting that tipped rebound, and pass it to a streaking Clark who then pulled up for a monster bomb to break the women's NCAA record?

And in their wildest dreams, they never even thought they wind up on the set of something like SNL.

I'm going to go ahead and say that even Clark never dreamed of some of this stuff. Yah, I'm sure she expected *some* of this. But not anything remotely like this. And no missteps so far.

What a damn ride.

Again, I hope someone writes a book. Because it had to have been just a madhouse at times. And somehow the team and coaches stayed focused. I can think of only one instance where it seemed like any of it got to anybody.

Latest posts