#1 Iowa - #5 Colorado Sweet 16 Game Thread

Brings me back to my grade school days when we all got a multi-colored crayon
from our teacher for Christmas.

View attachment 10788
I bartended a lot in college at a small town place. Let me set the scene…

She looks EXACTLY like about 10 different 53 year old chicks who looked 66, who’d come in at 8PM on a Friday. Leathery skin and deep voice from 30 years of menthols and Miller Lite, wearing a half gallon of JC Penney perfume that would take wallpaper off.

Divorced with an adult son and daughter, son likely in jail, daughter with 4 kids from 3 guys. Definitely has one grandkid named Justice, Trinity, or Nevaeh, possibly all three. Cruising for 30 year old construction worker tail, and if she doesn’t find it will sit at the bar till 1:30AM, eventually switches from Miller Lite to Bacardi diets and plays “Picture” by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow on the jukebox.

That’s who Kim reminds me of.

She looks EXACTLY like about 10 different 53 year old chicks who looked 66, who’d come in at 8PM on a Friday. Leathery skin and deep voice from 30 years of menthols and Miller Lite, wearing a half gallon of JC Penney perfume that would take wallpaper off.

Divorced with an dult son and daughter, son likely in jail, daughter with 4 kids from 3 guys. Definitely has one grandkid named Justice, Trinity, or Nevaeh, possibly all three. Cruising for 30 year old construction worker tail, and if she doesn’t find it will sit at the bar till 1:30AM, eventually switches from Miller Lite to Bacardi diets and plays “Picture” by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow on the jukebox.

Ha! I can totally see it. That's hilarious! Until I realize how many of those people I'm paying to support.

We and our Hawks want to beat LSU so badly. I still say that if three Hawks are making their shots it will be great. Everyone played well against Colorado (five in double figures) and it was just a matter of time. We usually don't play that balanced but we need to.

Divorced with an dult son and daughter, son likely in jail, daughter with 4 kids from 3 guys. Definitely has one grandkid named Justice, Trinity, or Nevaeh, possibly all three. Cruising for 30 year old construction worker tail, and if she doesn’t find it will sit at the bar till 1:30AM, eventually switches from Miller Lite to Bacardi diets and plays “Picture” by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow on the jukebox.

And her name is "Donna". I remember her, cause my wife worked with her, she hated my wife cause she was young and good looking. One of my friends was the construction worker, and yes, he caught a "dose" as we said back then from her............

I will never look at Kim Mulkey the same from now on. Thanks a lot Fry.......my wife will give me the stink eye everytime the camera pans on Kimmy and I start smiling................

Great win and they finally looked really good and like a number one seed.
Exactly- the team was clicking yesterday. and a reason for continued optimism- CC still hasn't got her game totally on- clanking logo shots off the front of the rim, looks like she has tired arms maybe......but she still nails about 30 points and her assists are beyond next level.....and THAT is why she is the best player in the game right now.

Exactly- the team was clicking yesterday. and a reason for continued optimism- CC still hasn't got her game totally on- clanking logo shots off the front of the rim, looks like she has tired arms maybe......but she still nails about 30 points and her assists are beyond next level.....and THAT is why she is the best player in the game right now.
Given CC's slump from treyland the last several games -- and make no mistake, her 3pt shooting % has been under 30% lately -- if I'm LSU I'd back off and err on the side of giving her more room to shoot 3s, in order to prevent her ability to get to the rim for easy baskets and risk getting my bigs in foul trouble. I'd make her prove she's out of her shooting slump before getting up in her face.
I wonder how LSU's PG Van Lith feels after transferring from Louisville after last season. Last year she was a bonafide national star with everything going through her every game, on a nationally relevant team. This year she's an afterthought on LSU's team, and other than one game I watched her this year, she's been the epitome of average.

I wonder how LSU's PG Van Lith feels after transferring from Louisville after last season. Last year she was a bonafide national star with everything going through her every game, on a nationally relevant team. This year she's an afterthought on LSU's team, and other than one game I watched her this year, she's been the epitome of average.
She went from being the alpha dog playmaker (80% of Caitlin Clark's level) to a bring the ball up and pass off quickly. Just a completely diff mindset.

Given CC's slump from treyland the last several games -- and make no mistake, her 3pt shooting % has been under 30% lately -- if I'm LSU I'd back off and err on the side of giving her more room to shoot 3s, in order to prevent her ability to get to the rim for easy baskets and risk getting my bigs in foul trouble. I'd make her prove she's out of her shooting slump before getting up in her face.
I think theirs no way anyone chooses to back off Caitlin and just lets her shoot. That’s just asking for her to go off for 40 plus. I could be wrong but once she starts seeing the ball go through the net you could be in for a long night. I would try the West Virginia defense and be all over her and make the refs call fouls.

Damn, Fry

Kudos

We and our Hawks want to beat LSU so badly. I still say that if three Hawks are making their shots it will be great. Everyone played well against Colorado (five in double figures) and it was just a matter of time. We usually don't play that balanced but we need to.

Yesterday the Hawks were favored by 1.5 points

Plus they are given a 50% chance of winning

She went from being the alpha dog playmaker (80% of Caitlin Clark's level) to a bring the ball up and pass off quickly. Just a completely diff mindset.

She is a token player on the LSU team

Caitlin and Van Lith had played together in the past on all star teams thru the years

Caitlin was talking to her about coming to Iowa,, but no cigar