Iowa/OSU game thread

Well since the Ladies will be using the gym next weekend I hope the men don’t interfere with their Vibe, God, what a difference in attitude, smarts, and execution.
Make them play the NIT at a local elementary school gym. Just bring the freaking ice cream machine from Carver and some folding chairs.

All I can say is I am glad the season is over. I had low expectations going into it and Iowa landed about where I expected. I may sound like a broken record, but our bench was pretty poor. Youth was a huge factor and the lack of a productive 6th man added to the problems. OSU's bench outscored Iowa's 37 to 16. Iowa was out rebounded by 6.

Iowa had two transfers to boost depth. Krike couldn't play defense and his offense got neutered after the non-conference season ended. Youth an inexperience will be a problem again. Payton and Dix are the only upper class men unless Perkins comes back. I hope he does, but I'm not holding my breath. I question if the athletic department is committed to improving men's basketball. Iowa really needs to find a couple of upper class men transfers.
The real question is who comes back, with the incoming freshman and Perkins coming back this will be a good team. The key is keeping players home. One or two portal players would help. If Fran decides to leave (looks like he’s mentally gone already) Beth needs to make a big hire. Fran has completely destroyed Iowa’s ability to get any calls, plus he refuses to recruit tough minded defenders.

Show me where this team is even a lock for the NIT. In our league alone you're competing with OSU, Indiana and Minnesota. Teams like Kansas State and Providence are out there, VA Tech, Seton Hall, Washington, Boston College, Butler, Georgia, LSU, a bunch of A-10 teams, on and on.

209d3b2b48a4a7e07d34c04bbcd40f2d.gif
LMAO!

Show me where this team is even a lock for the NIT. In our league alone you're competing with OSU, Indiana and Minnesota. Teams like Kansas State and Providence are out there, VA Tech, Seton Hall, Washington, Boston College, Butler, Georgia, LSU, a bunch of A-10 teams, on and on.

Do you have any good news? lol

Do you have any good news? lol
Oh they will get in. But it's not a slam dunk. Alford's last team had a similar record and didn't get an NIT bid.

Iowa is in a group of about two dozen teams where the difference between them is basically splitting hairs. And some of those teams are going to get screwed.

Minnesota being beat by Sparty probably eliminated them. But Indiana and Ohio State are making big statements by adding wins. And again, this isnt even for the NCAA'S. This is just for the NIT. The way this team has played the last two games would suggest they aren't interested in playing any more basketball this season anyway.

Latest posts