Hawkeyes Open Postseason on High

If this teams plays it's best ball and the other team plays their best ball, I don't think any other team would beat them outside of South Carolina. Standford, USC and LSU will likely compete down to the buzzer with them.

Hawks are rolling. They are playing the best defense they’ve played all year. Hannah is playing her best right now. She still needs to figure out how to play without fouling.

If this teams plays it's best ball and the other team plays their best ball, I don't think any other team would beat them outside of South Carolina. Stanford, USC and LSU will likely compete down to the buzzer with them.
After seeing the sheer size (height) of these teams, I worry about how Iowa will keep up on the boards. Kate Martin is a strong forward for us and she may end up guarding gals that have her by half a foot and long arms.

If the 3s are dropping for everyone (not just CC) we can beat anyone, but live by the 3, die by the 3.

We should cruise to the Sweet 16, but after that, you need to win 4 games and not have an off night.

After seeing the sheer size (height) of these teams, I worry about how Iowa will keep up on the boards. Kate Martin is a strong forward for us and she may end up guarding gals that have her by half a foot and long arms.

If the 3s are dropping for everyone (not just CC) we can beat anyone, but live by the 3, die by the 3.

We should cruise to the Sweet 16, but after that, you need to win 4 games and not have an off night.
I think you nailed it. I've watched them quite a bit this year (more then the men tbh) and biggest thing that scares me is our lack of size and inability to really lock down the paint. As much as I like this team it may be the only thing holding them back from winning a Championship or getting back to the Championship.

I think you nailed it. I've watched them quite a bit this year (more then the men tbh) and biggest thing that scares me is our lack of size and inability to really lock down the paint. As much as I like this team it may be the only thing holding them back from winning a Championship or getting back to the Championship.
In fairness, its not like 6'7 gals with ball skills grow on trees, and by all accounts, LSU, South Carolina and Stanford are able to purchase the few of these young ladies that are out there.

That center for South Carolina makes Angel Reece look small. She is the equivalent of Zack Edie. And they have another one that comes off the bench. Scary.

Iowa can beat anyone, but only if CC just bombs. They did last year, of course.

Tennessee would be a difficult match up for the Hawks. They have a WNBA player. 6-6 C Tamari Key. Tennessee just lost to S. Carolina on a buzzer beater in the SEC tourney.

In fairness, its not like 6'7 gals with ball skills grow on trees, and by all accounts, LSU, South Carolina and Stanford are able to purchase the few of these young ladies that are out there.

That center for South Carolina makes Angel Reece look small. She is the equivalent of Zack Edie. And they have another one that comes off the bench. Scary.

Iowa can beat anyone, but only if CC just bombs. They did last year, of course.
No I totally agree with you. Quality bigs are harder to find in the women's game then they are in the men's. I like Iowa's roster and think Hannah's speed and quickness makes up for her lack of height and size, but as you said LSU, South Carolina, and Stanford have the size and athleticism in the paint to give us nightmares. Iowa can beat anyone, but are going to have to beat those teams without any help on the offensive glass because we simply don't have the size to out rebound them and have to shoot lights out.

Latest posts