Rumor I heard

Hawkfnntn

Saw this on Trent Condons Youtube show. He's not reporting this just saying he's heard it as a rumor that PM might be looking to transfer to Duke to play next yr... He wouldn't say where he heard it from. Has anyone else heard that? I'd be surprised if Duke would want him frankly maybe they'd let him walk on but come on they are Duke. Maybe 2 or 3 yrs ago when PM had some potential to his game still he coulda been useful for a program like that but after this yr I can't see that. Not at all frankly.

He doesn't even start for his own father after 4 years on campus, but he thinks he will get PT at Duke?

Hmmm. Seems like an odd rumor indeed.

He doesn't even start for his own father after 4 years on campus, but he thinks he will get PT at Duke?

Hmmm. Seems like an odd rumor indeed.

Both of the brothers put in good effort while at Iowa and I respect that. IPatrick had/has issues to deal with regarding his health from the physical and mental aspects.
I hope both are behind him now.

I appreciate their time at Iowa and wish them nothing but the best in their lives moving forward. What ever they go on to do with the rest of their lives I hope it goes well for them.

Both of the brothers put in good effort while at Iowa and I respect that. IPatrick had/has issues to deal with regarding his health from the physical and mental aspects.

I appreciate their time at Iowa and wish them nothing but the best in their lives moving forward. What ever they go on to do with the rest of their lives I hope it goes well for them.
Nice post!

I have zero issue with if PM would like to play another yr of hoops somewhere else. More power to him. I'd just be surprised if Duke is it. Duke can fill that spot with a better player I would think... I suppose we'll find out down the road.

My post was not a dig on PM. I loved Connor and Patrick and they have contributed greatly to the success of the program the last 6 years, especially during the golden era with the Murrays and Garza.

I too have no issues if PM played his final year elsewhere as long as its not the Clowns or in Conference. My comment was that Duke seems like a reach given his skillset. Drake would seem like a more sensible fit for him. Go somewhere he can play and contribute.

I, too, wish PMac nothing but the best.

When I saw that capital D I thought it was going to say Drake! That might be a good fit if the goal is to play basketball.

If PMac goes to Duke and walks on, he'll be getting what Dickie V calls pine time, just like CJ Fredrick at Kentucky.

Maybe he's been accepted into Duke Law or the MBA program?

Trent could be a great dude, I listen to quite a bit of his content, but he's one of the more daft Iowa guys there is. He almost has no insider info and when he does it always seems very far fetched and almost like he thought it up on the spot. I feel confident that there's 0 chance, unless Fran isn't at Iowa, that Pat transfers to another P6 program. If Fran leaves, everythings on the table. Like, everything. I would imagine we'd have major turnover for our entire roster. Not sure many would stay. But if Fran is still here? Pat's not playing his last season somewhere else.

Tony P different story, still I think that he's too loyal to the McCaffery's to do that. Still, there's been too many of these rumors this season for my liking. Dix to Creighton, Fran saying Pat and Tony could play their last season somewhere else, Jack going somewhere else to play .....it's all enough for me to say that I am unsure about Fran's future at Iowa just reading tea leaves.

Trent could be a great dude, I listen to quite a bit of his content, but he's one of the more daft Iowa guys there is. He almost has no insider info and when he does it always seems very far fetched and almost like he thought it up on the spot. I feel confident that there's 0 chance, unless Fran isn't at Iowa, that Pat transfers to another P6 program. If Fran leaves, everythings on the table. Like, everything. I would imagine we'd have major turnover for our entire roster. Not sure many would stay. But if Fran is still here? Pat's not playing his last season somewhere else.

Tony P different story, still I think that he's too loyal to the McCaffery's to do that. Still, there's been too many of these rumors this season for my liking. Dix to Creighton, Fran saying Pat and Tony could play their last season somewhere else, Jack going somewhere else to play .....it's all enough for me to say that I am unsure about Fran's future at Iowa just reading tea leaves.
I would not be shocked if Pat does not play at all next season. He has had a heaviness to career for reasons known. Likewise, I would certainly not be shocked if he runs it back at Iowa. But, I also would not be blown away if he transfers for a final season somewhere just for a fresh start and a new perspective. I enjoyed my 4 years of college, but was ready for a new scene for sure.

I agree about Condon. Like his podcasts, but not sure he has much better sources than we do. Duke just makes no sense.

If we were looking for obvious landing spots, how about Butler? Could room with his big Bro and have a chance at reasonable PT.

200w.gif

Duke?!

I think Trent gets most of his stuff from the Brommelkamps and Kakerts of the world. I agree he doesn't have sources beyond the other reporters like them and guys like David Eicholt really. Being a Des Moines guy he's not in IC himself besides going to games. I don't think he interviews anyone besides former players. Trents not shy about making some hot takes though. The Dochtermans and Leistikows are pretty tempered with their takes it seems like. But Trents not afraid to tell it how he sees it. He's not worried about pissing off any coaches. I don't agree with everything he says like anyone else but he's certainly a different voice amongst the options of guys to listen to.

My two cents, and by no way meant as a shot at Patrick, but (1) I could see him transferring to Duke, but doubtful he'd be playing and (2) the pressure from the fans at Iowa despite his dad being coach, is nothing compared to what he'd be faced with at Duke.

I wish him the best regardless but think Duke would be a bad idea.

The fact PM went to a NBA skills camp last year makes me open to him doing anything. Duke is a stretch but who knows. I don't mind him moving on because I think his minutes can be of better use to younger players. I expect quite a change in line-ups next season which is a shame because with the additions to the two bigs next year, I think they would would have an excellent team. The front line could be really improved with a nice body of guards to chose from. I'm not optimistic with all the rumors, but that goes with the Ladies as well. They will be losing 70 % of their production and experience with their replacements dealing with injury. The difference is the Ladies have a top 25 recruiting class coming in the next two years. Maybe top 10 before all is said and done.

My post was not a dig on PM. I loved Connor and Patrick and they have contributed greatly to the success of the program the last 6 years, especially during the golden era with the Murrays and Garza.

I too have no issues if PM played his final year elsewhere as long as its not the Clowns or in Conference. My comment was that Duke seems like a reach given his skillset. Drake would seem like a more sensible fit for him. Go somewhere he can play and contribute.

That wasn’t directed at you in anyway. Just wishing the Mac’s the best.

Latest posts