Iowa vs ILL

I seriously wonder if the home croud gave them nerves. They aren't used to that and crumbled under pressure.
Didn't bother them vs Wisconsin a few weeks ago. Illinois defense and effort had a lot to do with this performance.

If what you're suggesting is true (and I don't think it is) that these players are nervous in front of sellout home crowds and would rather play in front of 8-9,000 in a morgue atmosphere, then they don't belong in division 1 basketball.

Last edited:
Keeping it real. the better team won. Three offensive boards are never going to get it done at this level, along with a number of missed bunnies.

Shannon and Domask might be the best back-court duo in the country. If he's not in prison for his pending sexual assault case, Shannon will be a top 3-4 lottery pick. Either way, I'm not going to miss him...

For whatever reason, senior day remains kryptonite for us. Those emotional send-offs are great for the players but never bode well for the performance.

I have never ever seen Iowa miss that many open shots, layups, dunks, and our typically solid 2 pointer’s. Don’t be fooled. Illinois is not a great defensive team. That did not beat Iowa tonight. The BT Network team praised the Illl. D repeatedly. I call bull shit. I don’t think they even watched the game. Iowa shoots near their usual % of uncontested shots and they may well have won this game.

Second half fouls late, with the game still in doubt: Iowa, 10, Ill, 2. FYI

Worst area: Iowa took 42 shots and had 2 offensive rebounds. Next: FG % was around 33%.

And: Our three seniors did zip in this game. Very disappointed. Also very rare.

According to Decourcy, we still have a shot at the Big Dance. Would have to win minimum of two in Minneapolis. First game is vs OSU, and they are playing well. Second would be the Illni again. If so, I intend to invoke the “It is tough to beat a team 3 times in the same season” rule.

Latest posts