On3 High on Iowa '24 recruit Chris Tadjo

I truly think Harding is going to be the best point guard Fran has had. Possibly even the best point guard in the Big 10. Freeman might very well be the best post player in the Big 10. If these 2 guys coming in are really going to be that good, and if Pryce ends up like his brother, that's a legit Big 10 title contender. That's obviously a lot of its and still a couple years out.
Harding can make passes that only Clark, Curry and a few other can make. I'm no expert on his shooting. But man his assists are insane.

If either doesn't return Iowa will be thin at guard and if both leave they're down to only Dix and Harding for scholarship guards. I hope Fran is looking at the portal.
No doubt. I think he's gotta find the elusive do it all PG he's always been yearning to have and a big to replace Krikke. If he can find a stud PG with multiple yrs of eligibility to come in that'd be ideal. But they don't really grow on trees and Fran hasn't had a lot of luck with that position. Even if TP comes back I think they need to try and find one I'm just not sure they'll be able to.

As far as a tweener 6'8-6-10 PF/C type of guy those seem to be a dime a dozen for Fran. Between Rebraca and Krikke he's done alright there. I wouldn't call either a home run but both have done well and helped win games. Finding another one of those shouldn't be terribly tough. The Canadian kid Tadjo really intrests me though I think he'll play a lot as a true frosh. I'll be interested to see how he fits in

I think he's skilled enough. Once he's more confident and comfortable with taking the shots he can get I think he'll settle in. His court vision handle and passing are damn near elite already. Can he hold up defensively though? I feel like he'llWe'll have to hide him playing zone now and then which is fine I suppose. But kid has a bright future there's no doubt about it.

Brock has nailed two timely threes when they left him open

Scouting reports and all that

He has adjusted and made the opponents pay the price

Last edited:
No doubt. I think he's gotta find the elusive do it all PG he's always been yearning to have and a big to replace Krikke. If he can find a stud PG with multiple yrs of eligibility to come in that'd be ideal. But they don't really grow on trees and Fran hasn't had a lot of luck with that position. Even if TP comes back I think they need to try and find one I'm just not sure they'll be able to.

As far as a tweener 6'8-6-10 PF/C type of guy those seem to be a dime a dozen for Fran. Between Rebraca and Krikke he's done alright there. I wouldn't call either a home run but both have done well and helped win games. Finding another one of those shouldn't be terribly tough. The Canadian kid Tadjo really intrests me though I think he'll play a lot as a true frosh. I'll be interested to see how he fits in

Tadjo certainly looks like the goods

He should compliment Freeman quite nicely, take a little of the attention away

I think point guard will be just fine next year with Harding and Bowen. If one of them leave, Fran needs to find someone.

Yeah for whatever reasons Hardings shot hasn't been that great but he's plenty capable. I think that just comes with him having played sporadic mins. I'm not too worried about his shot he could score big time in HS and I think he'll be just fine once he plays a more significant role.

Oh yeah if TP comes back Bowen for sure wouldn't be. But I could see Bowen leave regardless. It just feels like he's fallen out of favor. Maybe his knee has been bugging him longer then we know and that's a big reason he hasn't played much. Hard to say that seemed to be have been on the down low. But either way if he wants to find significant mins he may want to look for somewhere else to play.
It sure seemed like he fell out of favor. But it turns out he was hurt and needs surgery. I've seen him cheering from the bench and it seemed sincere. That doesn't mean a lot but it shows he's still invested in the team.

I know there is a lot of love out there for Harding, personally I am in wait and see mode with him. I need to see what the jump from year 1 to year 2 looks like before I am all in. I’m not opposed to Fran grabbing someone out of the portal or even juco. Someone like Bryce Cartwright would fit in well with next year’s team even if Perk returns.

IMO, Dix and Perk are not full-time point guards. You have to play Perk there out of necessity and I do not like Dix there at all. I rather have Dix hunting for shots than initiating offense. Even if Perk returns his best spot is the 2 where he can spend most of the game on offense coming down hill.
I just don't see how he's not going to end up being really good if he stays healthy. He's already the best passer for the hawks that I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. He can already get wherever he wants on the floor whenever he wants. He already plays pretty good defense. If he's a 3 year starter and Fran is still here for all of those years, he will probably break the all-time assist record at Iowa. He is the exact definition of "true point guard" that Iowa fans have even wanting for the last decade+.

Bowen: He is going in for knee surgery. Has been trying to fight through it, to no avail. That is why he has not been playing. Fran made this announcement, not Huck. Reminder: HN is not the only media outlet.

I just don't see how he's not going to end up being really good if he stays healthy. He's already the best passer for the hawks that I've seen in a long time, maybe ever. He can already get wherever he wants on the floor whenever he wants. He already plays pretty good defense. If he's a 3 year starter and Fran is still here for all of those years, he will probably break the all-time assist record at Iowa. He is the exact definition of "true point guard" that Iowa fans have even wanting for the last decade+.

I need to see what it looks like when he adds 10-15 lbs. of weight to his frame. We all assume he is going to work on his jumper this off season…let me see what Gatens can fix between now and November. Right now, the scouting report on him is he can’t shoot. If he can crack the code of being able to get buckets, when he needs to get buckets, everything you just laid out will come to fruition.

I think Brock is much faster and quicker than Jordan Bo. He might get abused by taller guards 'cuz staying in front of them isn't all that helpful when the guy with the ball can just pound BH into the post and shoot over him. Owen is going to be a great shot blocker-he's well on his way already. We need Ladji, or whoever plays the 4 to be prepared cover Owen if Owen helps BH, or really anyone. LD has a high ceiling but his skills are a little behind the other freshmen.

Latest posts