Orange Crush Them Game Thread

Well now we have to win all three. On the bright side, I really like how our schedule sets up. Our easiest game next to hopefully keep hopes alive a little longer. Then the second easiest game on the road at northwestern. Steal that win and we basically have a home play in game against Illinois.

Well now we have to win all three. On the bright side, I really like how our schedule sets up. Our easiest game next to hopefully keep hopes alive a little longer. Then the second easiest game on the road at northwestern. Steal that win and we basically have a home play in game against Illinois.
Iowa still doesn't have a go to scorer when Peyton is covered, Dix missed his last two shots, Perkins turned it over, and Freeman missed a huge lay-up. Penn State just won at Indiana, don't know if that's the easiest win. Every game left is a 50/50 game or less. This team gets reinforcements next year and could make a NIT run. Very few teams go to the NCAA's every year.

The difference in this lost is the lack of a bench. Iowa doesn't have a sixth man and for that matter a 7th or 8th. Illinois' bench outscored Iowa's bench 34 to 12. The bench was 4 of 9 shooting, PM was 1 of 5. Iowa was out rebounded by 6. The failure to keep Illinois off the offensive glass on their free throws was bad. Overall it was still winnable going into the last 5 minutes but foul trouble limited the Iowa defense. Iowa had 11 turnovers for the game. It's too bad that they were at the end of the game.

Fran has got to deal with the bench issue. Bowen has not developed and Patrick M needs to move on.

The difference in this lost is the lack of a bench. Iowa doesn't have a sixth man and for that matter a 7th or 8th. Illinois' bench outscored Iowa's bench 34 to 12. The bench was 4 of 9 shooting, PM was 1 of 5. Iowa was out rebounded by 6. The failure to keep Illinois off the offensive glass on their free throws was bad. Overall it was still winnable going into the last 5 minutes but foul trouble limited the Iowa defense. Iowa had 11 turnovers for the game. It's too bad that they were at the end of the game.

Fran has got to deal with the bench issue. Bowen has not developed and Patrick M needs to move on.
I'd say Patrick is a pretty good Big 10 bench player.

Yes at that point Iowa needed to sag and if they hit the three so be it, giving the drive killed them. Iowa was right there, Perkins for some reason refused to pass the ball, turned it over and shot us out of the game. But we probable wouldn’t been in the game without him. Now we play a red hot Penn State team, I checked tickets going for $3.00 a ticket! Don’t expect a crowd.
This old die hard will be there.

Yes at that point Iowa needed to sag and if they hit the three so be it, giving the drive killed them. Iowa was right there, Perkins for some reason refused to pass the ball, turned it over and shot us out of the game. But we probable wouldn’t been in the game without him. Now we play a red hot Penn State team, I checked tickets going for $3.00 a ticket! Don’t expect a crowd.
WOW $3? Women's going for hundreds and men's for $3 Crazy

I think Pryce deserves more minutes. Fran would probably tell you Pryce deserves more minutes. But PMac has senior experience and is the ultimate X-factor. You never know when you will get from the PMac box of chocolates but when you get Ghirardellis he can single handedly win a game for you.

You could also get the marzupan.

I think Pryce deserves more minutes. Fran would probably tell you Pryce deserves more minutes. But PMac has senior experience and is the ultimate X-factor. You never know when you will get from the PMac box of chocolates but when you get Ghirardellis he can single handedly win a game for you.

You could also get the marzupan.

Pmac has stated that he will not use his Covid year. It feels like he is waffling a little bit now, but if he doesn’t, I am comfortable with Pryce sliding into that role.

At the beginning of the year I thought Pryce should have redshirted…given how things played out, the experience he gained has been invaluable . If he is going to be the 6th or 7th man next year, it is important that he didn’t redshirt this year.

Iowa lost a game they were huge underdogs in and fucking competed the entire way. They put everything they had into that game and I was pleased with our effort overall. It was a tough game to win and I didn't expect a W at the # 12 team in the country. Still good opportunities in front of them.

Getting Patrick back for another year is going to be better than anything we can find in the portal. Like if Pat went into the portal this offseason and wanted to go somewhere else to play, he'd likely be in the top 10 players available in it. He's played poorly at times this season and has been a 0 way too often. I think Iowa started playing better when he was sent to the bench and Josh Dix answered the call, but don't get ahead of yourself. Pat's a great piece that any school would want on their team.

Pmac has stated that he will not use his Covid year. It feels like he is waffling a little bit now, but if he doesn’t, I am comfortable with Pryce sliding into that role.

At the beginning of the year I thought Pryce should have redshirted…given how things played out, the experience he gained has been invaluable . If he is going to be the 6th or 7th man next year, it is important that he didn’t redshirt this year.
I think he's rethinking it because he hasn't played his best ball this year - if Fran is staying at Iowa I predict both he and Tony run it back.

Iowa lost a game they were huge underdogs in and fucking competed the entire way. They put everything they had into that game and I was pleased with our effort overall. It was a tough game to win and I didn't expect a W at the # 12 team in the country. Still good opportunities in front of them.
Yep, I was trying to tell my young kids you guys don't understand, that's one of the better Hawkeye performances I've seen in Assembly Hall.

Iowa had the historic comeback there in '87 and won in overtime. I looked back and did a quick check (so could be wrong), but it appeared to me Iowa has only won 3 times since then. 3 times over 37 years.

They played to win. They appeared to have grit. Maybe most impressive of all, there wasn't any meltdown. They got down a couple baskets and couldn't make a shot when they needed to, but there was no pissing down the leg moment like we've typically seen at Assembly.

Keep playing like that and they probably win the next three.