Could AI be the OC of the Future?

SCHawkeye2

Perhaps AI is a potential solution for the play-calling aspect of the Iowa OC role
Kirk sets the desired strategy, tactics and parameters. During the game AI algorithms instantly determine the optimum play call based on all available parameters.
Takes much of the emotional element out of the call and presumably gives the best % chance for a successful play.
It would not be unlike the methods of many of the best human OC's today, just faster and possibly more successful.
Considerably cheaper too. Don't fire the OC, just reprogram.

Absolutely not. Unless you find a way to randomly insert the totally unnecessary time out due to failure to get the play in on time. This has all to frequently been a part of our playbook and I simply can't imagine clock management without it.

Not sure how serious this post is, but that is a very interesting idea. Neural networks can be trained to find a good solution from a lot of complex data...but if the solution an AI OC is finding is predictable, that would not work. So how do you build lack of predictability into a neural network? Perhaps the inputs are complex enough that the output would not be obvious, but an opposing AI DC could probably know exactly what the AI OC is going to call.

Sounds like a great challenge for some people way smarter than me.

Absolutely not. Unless you find a way to randomly insert the totally unnecessary time out due to failure to get the play in on time. This has all to frequently been a part of our playbook and I simply can't imagine clock management without it.
If you wanted it to be more like "Kirk Ball", AI could be programmed to occasionally make bone-headed play calls which would defy logic and infuriate fans.

Latest posts