Sports Gambling Update

I bet that em effer knows which freshmen/sophomore girls were searching up "where can I get an abortion?" And who was surfing reddit subs about how to come out to your parents. No telling what he found our what my kid in Peterson was surfing.

Oooh. This is why I'm a libertarian. And sometimes why I'm an angry libertarian.

Really, really troubling. Noah Shannon’s betting was so minor. That something so trivial in nature could result in such a horrible result for an outstanding young man really takes my breath away. It is truly horrific.

Speaking of Noah Shannon, any chance he gets his year of eligibility back? Does he even want to? That would be awesome to have him come back to be in the defensive line rotation.

My fear is that from the sounds of the way the court hearings are going, even if it is reversed (appealed), the NCAA won't reverse course on their decisions. If I was Noah Shannon, I would be finding a damn good attorney.

Speaking of Noah Shannon, any chance he gets his year of eligibility back? Does he even want to? That would be awesome to have him come back to be in the defensive line rotation.

My fear is that from the sounds of the way the court hearings are going, even if it is reversed (appealed), the NCAA won't reverse course on their decisions. If I was Noah Shannon, I would be finding a damn good attorney.

Noah Shannon likely has a much better case of diminished earnings capacity than the Estate of Chris Street had. Proving damages will be tough, but if this was an invalid search, whoa boy, he better get some big cash.

Noah Shannon likely has a much better case of diminished earnings capacity than the Estate of Chris Street had. Proving damages will be tough, but if this was an invalid search, whoa boy, he better get some big cash.
You also have a little thing called sovereign immunity to work around.

There is a concept in the law called Fruit of the Poisonous Tree, which basically means that all evidence that was gathered or derived from illegal searches is not admissible in court to prove guilt. A couple problems here. First, while none of us like how all this went down, I am not entirely certain what the agents did here was illegal. That needs to play out in court. Second, the NCAA is not the government and is not determining whether Shannon committed a crime. The evidence, however, gathered, pretty clearly shows that Shannon bet on college sports and every kid who has ever been an NCAA athlete is told repeatedly that is a No No.

So, I don't see the NCAA changing course here. Hopefully, Noah gets drafted.

There is a concept in the law called Fruit of the Poisonous Tree, which basically means that all evidence that was gathered or derived from illegal searches is not admissible in court to prove guilt. A couple problems here. First, while none of us like how all this went down, I am not entirely certain what the agents did here was illegal. That needs to play out in court. Second, the NCAA is not the government and is not determining whether Shannon committed a crime. The evidence, however, gathered, pretty clearly shows that Shannon bet on college sports and every kid who has ever been an NCAA athlete is told repeatedly that is a No No.

So, I don't see the NCAA changing course here. Hopefully, Noah gets drafted.
This part seems pretty cut and dry that they broke laws. I don't think they can go around geofencing places without warrants and probable cause. And once told no by his superiors to go on and continue doing it anyway I think that whole DCI department is in a world of trouble.

In regards to Shannon I may be wrong about him but didn't he confess as well? Along with some of the others I think he did. That factors in as well. But yeah he's not playing next yr and I can't see him adding the NCAA to any lawsuit. But I can see a dorm full of kids and football players who's privacy rights were violated going after the government/DCI. There's dozens of kids if not 100 of em or more that were affected by this especially adding in the ISU ones. This is just getting started.

Latest posts