Going forward

Ya, USC got smoked last time. You also need to remember who they are playing. They should be as terrified about the Big as OK should be about the SEC.

The Cal Pac schools just aren't into football as much.

Are you trying to be stupid or trying to troll ?

Are you trying to be stupid or trying to troll ?
Why are you so offended. They arent that good anymore.

Look at the Pac attendance numbers to start. You sound like Bush before the start of the Iraq war talking to the Germans about the big bad Republican Guard and WMAs. Chill.

That may be bad for Iowa as Iowa slides downward though.

UCLA historically struggles in the MW regardless of the time of year

FWIW Alex Barth (A fairly well-connected Patriots beat reporter) has intimated multiple times this season that he expects BF to move to an NFL OL position, possibly with the Patriots (Where he started his coaching career) and that there is a market for Brian as a position coach in the league. Not sure whether he has specific league sources that have fed him this info, and though I have tried to ask him on a couple live steams for more info, it isn't a super relevant question to answer on a Patriots podcast.

The Patriots in particular have Matt Patricia doing OC/OL duties, with less-than-desirable results in both roles.

I don't think Woods is in line to be an OC do you? I mean granted he's got no less experience then what BF had when he got the gig but that's not the point. I kinda thought he'd lean towards the defensive side of the ball. Maybe I'm wrong
KF and staff make appearances at multiple Spring training/offseason NFL sessions every offseason. He still has pull, up to and including being a guest of the GOAT Bill Belichick to talk draft prospects every single year. Kirk has a ton of pull. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either uninformed or letting their anger cloud their judgement.

FWIW Alex Barth (A fairly well-connected Patriots beat reporter) has intimated multiple times this season that he expects BF to move to an NFL OL position, possibly with the Patriots (Where he started his coaching career) and that there is a market for Brian as a position coach in the league. Not sure whether he has specific league sources that have fed him this info, and though I have tried to ask him on a couple live steams for more info, it isn't a super relevant question to answer on a Patriots podcast.

The Patriots in particular have Matt Patricia doing OC/OL duties, with less-than-desirable results in both roles.
And NE has drafted how many Iowa linemen and BF has had disreable results?

And NE has drafted how many Iowa linemen and BF has had disreable results?
James Ferentz was a UDFA, but has been the backup center for six seasons. This is also largely down to draft position. If Wirfs had been on the board 10 picks later there is no doubt in my mind that Patriots would have taken him. Same for Linderbaum if they didn't already have a top five center in Andrews. Same probably goes for Hockenson. Almost certainly Scherff. Reiff was also taken before the Patriots 1st round pick. So was Gallery. Iowa produces in inordinate amount of upper first round OL talent, and not nearly enough 2-4th round talent. That's a major recruiting/development deficiency. Iowa needs to get to the point of doing with 2 star OL prospects what Phil Parker does with DBs (And especially safeties).

Anyone who thinks that Brian couldn't get a position coaching job in the NFL and doesn't think that KF has as good of ties in the coaching world, NFL or College, are daft and not worth the time you spend arguing.

There's probably only a handful of coaches in CFB that have more respect, connections or ties to the NFL than Kirk Ferentz. That comes a lot of times by being the most tenured coach in the sport and spending 50+ years in college and professional football.

Anyone who thinks that Brian couldn't get a position coaching job in the NFL and doesn't think that KF has as good of ties in the coaching world, NFL or College, are daft and not worth the time you spend arguing.

There's probably only a handful of coaches in CFB that have more respect, connections or ties to the NFL than Kirk Ferentz. That comes a lot of times by being the most tenured coach in the sport and spending 50+ years in college and professional football.
Normally I'd believe this. Yes he's absolutely got the ties. However I'd seen that the whole trial about the racial stuff still hanging out there has kinda put BFs name on pause. Till that's resolved I'm not so sure anyone would hire him. We may find out if I'm right or not depending on how long that trial drags (when's it even going to start?) Timing timing timing...

Normally I'd believe this. Yes he's absolutely got the ties. However I'd seen that the whole trial about the racial stuff still hanging out there has kinda put BFs name on pause. Till that's resolved I'm not so sure anyone would hire him. We may find out if I'm right or not depending on how long that trial drags (when's it even going to start?) Timing timing timing...
oh yeah, that's still a real thing that was delayed til after season. I don't think that hurdle is nearly as big as everyone thinks. It's a thing, and a thing that needs resolved before BF were to move on...but it's not like this is going to follow him around like it does Doyle. (Fair or not, he took the sword for that)

oh yeah, that's still a real thing that was delayed til after season. I don't think that hurdle is nearly as big as everyone thinks. It's a thing, and a thing that needs resolved before BF were to move on...but it's not like this is going to follow him around like it does Doyle. (Fair or not, he took the sword for that)
I guess it just depends on how that's resolved yeah. I mean they'd been trying to throw it all out so most testimony doesn't see the light of day in court. I know they don't want everything BF is accused of saying/doing getting out there. Or have to have him go on the record and admit to anything. That could be pretty game changing for his career...

Here's an angle. Is Doyle a 'witness'? Could he be called to testify and have to answer all sorts of questions too? Needless to say he wouldn't feel the need to walk on eggshells to protect BF or anyone else if nailed to the stand. If anything he may light a flame thrower to everything.

I guess it just depends on how that's resolved yeah. I mean they'd been trying to throw it all out so most testimony doesn't see the light of day in court. I know they don't want everything BF is accused of saying/doing getting out there. Or have to have him go on the record and admit to anything. That could be pretty game changing for his career...

Here's an angle. Is Doyle a 'witness'? Could he be called to testify and have to answer all sorts of questions too? Needless to say he wouldn't feel the need to walk on eggshells to protect BF or anyone else if nailed to the stand. If anything he may light a flame thrower to everything.
Hard to say where exactly things are at. He certainly can be compelled if subpoenaed, though questioning would be limited to the specifics of the subpoena.

Latest posts