Going forward

I'm not debating what BF did or didn't say because 1) I wasn't there and 2) this isn't the forum for that, but you're failing to make on distinction between BF and Doyle. Doyle got fired from his job. BF did not. The NFL has a very, very short memory and if he was good enough to remain employed by Iowa (as wholesome a location as the Crystal Cathedral compared to the NFL), he's good enough to get hired in the NFL.

There are a lot of people way more in the know than anyone else here who've suggested in the past few months that the NFL was a definite option as a landing spot.

Chris Doyle's name was nationally destroyed before he even cleaned out his office in IC. Brian's isn't. Brian is just known as a bumbling OC at Iowa.
There no way any team or coach touches that.

Not discussing "that" here banning ning it here doesn't change things. It played out nationally and there are enough Hawks in the NFL for the word to be out. Hawk fans have an ostrich outlook.

The only way Brian Leaves is to the NFL. And the people who say that's not an option for him don't know shit about the NFL and they don't know the influence Kirk has.

If Brian leaves--which ain't gonna happen--and LeVar Woods doesn't get promoted, watch out. We're gonna be the next Minnesota/NW/Purdue.
What's Minny's record the past 2 years? 9-3 and 8-4? Going forward, I'd take that.

False premise concerning KF and NFL. His ties are either dead, retired or about to be retired.

Why would anyone be so motivated to hire BF.
I think KF has a few ties yet. I think that circle tends to grow with the times more so then subtract. They go to conventions that world is just one huge circle jerk. They all share the same handful of agents. It wouldn't surprise me if most of the GMs in the league don't have KFs # and know how to reach out to him directly.

But would that be enough to hire BF ultimately? Not for a coordinator job obviously. Along with everyone else I'll be fascinated to see how this all plays out.

The only way Brian Leaves is to the NFL. And the people who say that's not an option for him don't know shit about the NFL and they don't know the influence Kirk has.

If Brian leaves--which ain't gonna happen--and LeVar Woods doesn't get promoted, watch out. We're gonna be the next Minnesota/NW/Purdue.
I don't think Woods is in line to be an OC do you? I mean granted he's got no less experience then what BF had when he got the gig but that's not the point. I kinda thought he'd lean towards the defensive side of the ball. Maybe I'm wrong

I don't care where BF goes, just leave. Between incompetence and legal and recruitment issues, gotta go. If not then we doomed to the cellar with NW. Left alone this will only deteriorate.

“Brian is just known as a bumbling OC at Iowa.”

Lol,

What is sad is there is a high possibility that he is returning next season.

If not maybe he will land somewhere.

Little Pussy Kat only has 8 lives left

I need to see signs that Kirk is willing to make changes of significance be it players, coaches, whatever. His stubbornness to change seems to continue to be our biggest enemy. Portal activity might be our first chance to see his willingness for change and to what degree.

Next year is our last year to capture the opportunity to build momentum before we lose BIG divisions and add the CA schools. The schedule is in our favor and our D should still be sound. Beyond that we better be prepared for a more competitive environment with new schools, new coaches, tougher recruiting, etc.

I don't think Woods is in line to be an OC do you? I mean granted he's got no less experience then what BF had when he got the gig but that's not the point. I kinda thought he'd lean towards the defensive side of the ball. Maybe I'm wrong

If Brian moves on, my money would be on Mark Whipple. He just seems like a guy Kirk would bring in.

you should watch them play sometime
Ya, USC got smoked last time. You also need to remember who they are playing. They should be as terrified about the Big as OK should be about the SEC.

The Cal Pac schools just aren't into football as much.

False premise concerning KF and NFL. His ties are either dead, retired or about to be retired.

Why would anyone be so motivated to hire BF.
Why do you think so many iowa guys get drafted or get picked up as undrafted free agents? So much of this is through the good ole boy network that kirk has connections to. Brian has already been an assistant and could go back in a heartbeat. Kirk could be a special assistant or consultant at either the bcs level or in the nfl. I for one don’t see kirk sticking around for’24 and beyond facing Michigan and OSU more frequently and USC/UCLA. No way he sticks around for this. Especially with a stepped up nebraska and Wisconsin

Latest posts