Post Open Spring Practice HN Content

Petras 7 of 16 -- about what you'd expect. A little worse than his usual completion % (55-57%), but within the range of what he's done the past 2 years as the starter. It's baffling why any coach or anyone else would expect any different outcome from a guy who's been in the program for 4-5 years and started for 2 of those. He's a slightly below average BTen and D-1 QB and that's not likely to change.

From my observations yesterday, Petras is the clear #1 in the eyes of Brian and the rest of the team. He has the leadership side down.

But he also looked the least comfortable of the 3 playing QB after the ball was hiked.

From my observations yesterday, Petras is the clear #1 in the eyes of Brian and the rest of the team. He has the leadership side down.

But he also looked the least comfortable of the 3 playing QB after the ball was hiked.

Could it be that Petras has the arm but just gets more flustered than other qbs under pressure and he has reached more of the mental limit. I have observed that both Stanley and Petras have not seen some wide open receivers. I put that down to a qb who just doesnt 'see' the pass plays in their head while the play is under way or breaking down.

Feels like a repeat of last year, other than they may win the bowl game instead of losing it. Can't let the rivals, not named Wisconsin, crack the code.

Feels like a repeat of last year, other than they may win the bowl game instead of losing it. Can't let the rivals, not named Wisconsin, crack the code.
Purdue and NW have already cracked it a long time ago.

Purdue and NW have already cracked it a long time ago.

Fair. It feels like an 9-3/8-4 type year, but if ISU, Minnesota, or Nebby decide to make Petras beat them without turning the football over...Kirk will be forced to make a tough decision on his son.

Fair. It feels like an 9-3/8-4 type year, but if ISU, Minnesota, or Nebby decide to make Petras beat them without turning the football over...Kirk will be forced to make a tough decision on his son.
It ain’t a tough decision, he’s going to keep Brian as long as he’s HC. If he didn’t demote his kid or hire a different OC after these last few years he’s never going to.

And I’m sad to say that BF will likely be the next HC while LeVar Woods gets poached to be an OC somewhere and eventually leads a team to the CFP.

The donors are the ones who ultimately make that decision with their pocketbooks, and they have shown year after year after year that in Kirk they trust and they’ll go along with whatever decision he wants.

It ain’t a tough decision, he’s going to keep Brian as long as he’s HC. If he didn’t demote his kid or hire a different OC after these last few years he’s never going to.

And I’m sad to say that BF will likely be the next HC while LeVar Woods gets poached to be an OC somewhere and eventually leads a team to the CFP.

The donors are the ones who ultimately make that decision with their pocketbooks, and they have shown year after year after year that in Kirk they trust and they’ll go along with whatever decision he wants.

They go 7-5 and continue to struggle offensively, there will be a lot of heat pointed toward BF. So much so, that KF’s hand will be forced.

If anything at all happens with BF, he will, via KF, move on to another college or pro job. It will be a private conversation at home. KF will exert his considerable influence to assist BF in his job hunt. It will be ruled a professional advancement Publically. BF will not, unless there is a significant improvement in Iowa’s O, get anywhere near the head coach position at Iowa. The only other wild card would be the new charges released by former players directly leveled at BF. In the meantime, I am worried sick about our QB position for the 2022 season. Will be the difference between 7-5 or 8-3 and a 10-2 +. QB manager, ok. Accuracy absolutely necessary.

If anything at all happens with BF, he will, via KF, move on to another college or pro job. It will be a private conversation at home. KF will exert his considerable influence to assist BF in his job hunt. It will be ruled a professional advancement Publically. BF will not, unless there is a significant improvement in Iowa’s O, get anywhere near the head coach position at Iowa. The only other wild card would be the new charges released by former players directly leveled at BF. In the meantime, I am worried sick about our QB position for the 2022 season. Will be the difference between 7-5 or 8-3 and a 10-2 +. QB manager, ok. Accuracy absolutely necessary.
How bad is it the Hawks have a two year starter back, a part year starter back, and the position is in shambles at this point? Not good.

Latest posts