My First B1G Power Rankings of ‘20-21

I pretty much concur with the rankings, though I'd probably put Minnesota ahead of Purdue. That's splitting hairs. They're definitely close, but I think Minny would beat them two out of three on a neutral court.

Illinois has been an enigma. I thought they would perform better than they have. Hard to put a finger on it, but that team is just missing something. Part of it is that Cockburn and Bez are basically the same players as they were last season. Neither look like they made those strides you need to see from your better players. Nevertheless, they remain a dangerous team. The B1G is loaded with land mines.

I pretty much concur with the rankings, though I'd probably put Minnesota ahead of Purdue. That's splitting hairs. They're definitely close, but I think Minny would beat them two out of three on a neutral court.

Illinois has been an enigma. I thought they would perform better than they have. Hard to put a finger on it, but that team is just missing something. Part of it is that Cockburn and Bez are basically the same players as they were last season. Neither look like they made those strides you need to see from your better players. Nevertheless, they remain a dangerous team. The B1G is loaded with land mines.
I dunno. I think Purdue quietly has something going on. The won on the road, again, knocking off Ohio State with another late clutch basket. They are now all alone in fourth place in the B1G.

We don't see them again in the regular season, nor Minnesota for that matter, and that could be a good thing. But like you said this league is a minefield. Nobody has an easy road, no matter what it looks like on paper.

Latest posts