The Silver Lining......sort of

Igothawked

Is that the Big 10 pretty much sucks this year. Wiscy looks bad, IN is in big trouble, NW looks bad, Neb is not that good, etc etc.

I like the defense overall. They play hard and adjust well. If you look at the last two 2nd halves from a defensive standpoint you will see very good play.

Bullock is a positive as well. About the only one one offense outside CJ when they use him.

lets not start with cjf...saw a lot out of that kid today that makes me think his head is.bigger than his heart.

lets not start with cjf...saw a lot out of that kid today that makes me think his head is.bigger than his heart.

What are your problems with CJF? He had one drop that was tipped right as it got to him. He is not a great blocker. But he is certainly a mismatch that this offense does not seem to utilize effectively.

blocking as a te is.a huge thing and he swings and misses more than the cubs hitters. just bad. and if he.isn't going to block more he isn't going to.c the field.

blocking as a te is.a huge thing and he swings and misses more than the cubs hitters. just bad. and if he.isn't going to block more he isn't going to.c the field.

He was a WR in high school. I don't think he will ever be a great blocker but he needs to be a main target on offense. He's got the size and speed to be a playmaker.

The O line improved this week in pass protection and the D created turnovers which limited scoring. Special teams were fine but i never feel like we have a chance to break one on our kickoff returns and rarely get good starting field position after a kickoff.

the silver lining is there's no false hope anymore. people gave them the benefit of the doubt last week and the offense played worse this week. Its just not a good team this year.

He was a WR in high school. I don't think he will ever be a great blocker but he needs to be a main target on offense. He's got the size and speed to be a playmaker.[/QUOTE

all of us see his size and speed but the coaching staff ....I mean kf won't allow him to.be a mathup problem by lining him up with a hand in the dirt at the traditional te spot.

Iowa has no playmakers. Especially at WR. Sorry - probably an obvious statement.
Another obvious statement, V'Berg is slow on his reads.

Compared to the Hawks, yes they are great. But they seem to be struggling with a very mediocre UCLA team.

Nebraska is ranked #16.
They are currently tied @ 24 in the Rose Bowl against a resurgent UCLA team, which has plenty of talent (recruited by Neuheisel) and a good coach (Mora).

I think driving up & down all those hills in DBQ has left you off balance. Nebraska is legit and they will ROLL Iowa in November.

He was a WR in high school. I don't think he will ever be a great blocker but he needs to be a main target on offense. He's got the size and speed to be a playmaker.[/QUOTE

all of us see his size and speed but the coaching staff ....I mean kf won't allow him to.be a mathup problem by lining him up with a hand in the dirt at the traditional te spot.

The fact that there has been no effort to utilize him in the red zone thus far is baffling to me. A team that cant get into the endzone, has a defense's worst nightmare on the field and they don't go to him even once in two weeks. Quite frankly its inexcusable.

Nebraska is ranked #16.
They are currently tied @ 24 in the Rose Bowl against a resurgent UCLA team, which has plenty of talent (recruited by Neuheisel) and a good coach (Mora).

I think driving up & down all those hills in DBQ has left you off balance. Nebraska is legit and they will ROLL Iowa in November.

They will absolutely roll Iowa, no question about that. You want my tix? I'm gonna go shopping that day I think.

If Iowa is even average this year, they will win a lot of B1G games. The B1G is awful.

Michigan State might be the only really good team in the conference. Michigan is so overrated it isn't even funny. Wisky is bad too.

If Iowa was even halfway decent, this could have been the year they did HUGE things.

They will absolutely roll Iowa, no question about that. You want my tix? I'm gonna go shopping that day I think.

No, thanks. I spent about $800 to attend last weekend's game, and for the Oct 20th ped state game it'll be about the same.
That's moar (way moar) than enough money wasted on sh!tty Iowa football for one season. :mad::(

No, thanks. I spent about $800 to attend last weekend's game, and for the Oct 20th ped state game it'll be about the same.
That's moar (way moar) than enough money wasted on sh!tty Iowa football for one season. :mad::(

Agreed. I'm glad I sold my tix for this game and three other games. Now I just got to hope I can make my money back on the other three games I have tickets to.
Its hard for me to justify spending the money, it really is.

Latest posts