DJK vs McNutt

OUTofTOWNHAWK

DJK must have some issues because there is no reason that McNutt gets in and DJK cant get any where.

I find it hard to believe that a kid who broke all the records at Iowa cant make it in the CFL or arena league.

If so Iowa must really suck.....think before you post because talent cant be the reason....but I dont think KF is the only one to see this problem.

DJK must have some issues because there is no reason that McNutt gets in and DJK cant get any where.

I find it hard to believe that a kid who broke all the records at Iowa cant make it in the CFL or arena league.

If so Iowa must really suck.....think before you post because talent cant be the reason....but I dont think KF is the only one to see this problem.

Real simple:

--McNutt wanted to get on the field, saw the chance at WR, worked on it, improved in every phase he could both physically and mentally and, most important of all, took nothing for granted.

--DJK converted from QB to WR before he ever stepped on the field, assumed he was good enough to play and start anywhere on any field at any position, ran his mouth as if he was on the Politics/Controversial in the person of ThunderHawk, didn't fully utilize the physical gifts he had, improved certain parts of his game but took plays off, and blamed others when he should have looked in the mirror. (To give him credit, his downfield blocking improved immensely from freshman to senior year and, when focused, hecould be a very good player)

Other than that, I think whatever happens to him is KF's doing.

It doesnt seem that complicated to me......an "athlete" playing WR that wasnt big, overly fast, that didnt work particularly hard to refine his craft, with effort and character issues and a drug history.

McNutt however is Big, with similar speed, huge hands and has only played 3 years and has some upside with the work ethic to improve. Yet even he only goes 6th round.

Pretty cut and dried, right?

It doesnt seem that complicated to me......an "athlete" playing WR that wasnt big, overly fast, that didnt work particularly hard to refine his craft, with effort and character issues and a drug history.

McNutt however is Big, with similar speed, huge hands and has only played 3 years and has some upside with the work ethic to improve. Yet even he only goes 6th round.

Pretty cut and dried, right?

One simple factor we could be overlooking: DJK simply doesn't "want" it bad enough

It doesnt seem that complicated to me......an "athlete" playing WR that wasnt big, overly fast, that didnt work particularly hard to refine his craft, with effort and character issues and a drug history. McNutt however is Big, with similar speed, huge hands and has only played 3 years and has some upside with the work ethic to improve. Yet even he only goes 6th round. Pretty cut and dried, right?
One simple factor we could be overlooking: DJK simply doesn't "want" it bad enough

I couldn't agree more. For a guy who came from nothing into a family who game him everything. He comes across as he now has a sense of entitlement. He just doesn't have the edge of a guy who came from nothing. Hopefully he finds something do with his talents and football knowledge otherwise for it will be quite an adjustment to have to go from star athlete in college to a "working man". Not saying it will happen to him, but there are cases like this that don't end that well.

Iowa wr breaks all records cant get a sniff at arena football....womp womp

Recruits dont loook at these.

We haven't had many receivers that saw significant playing time for 4 years, and DJK did. He was good, but he also had more opportunities to break career records simply because he saw more game time. I don't think any recruits are going to look at him and decide to sign somewhere else because he got cut in Canada. Rather, I think they will look at Iowa and realize that Iowa has had 2 receivers in the last few years break all the records. That will show them we have more of an emphasis on the passing game in the last few years, and they will have the opportunity to break records as well

Well interestingly enuff....we've thrown it enuff that 8 of the top 20 career WR’s have played under KF and 2, Kasper and Hill, split time between HF and KF, so this is just feels like more fan perception stuff. Assuming we didn’t throw it much when really we did.