ONE AND DONE

1. aq - Alabama
  2. 16aq - SE Missouri St.
    aq - FDU/
  3. 8
    down.svg
    Iowa
  4. 9West Virginia

Per Lunardi today. I almost kinda like this. Dont get me wrong, whoever the 2nd round game is we will get our clocks cleaned, so at least hope for a competitive 1st round game, and besides, the chance to take some luster off the B12 is enough to get me excited anyway

Might be in but why ? To lose in first round to ?????

One of 32 losers in the first round

At least we can commiserate with our fellow losers

Second Round, there are 16 more losers

Following weekend there are 16 winners left

After the second weekend we have the Final Four

Best sporting event ever each and every year

There are those who might say the World Cup is the best sporting event

But I am not one of them

There isn't a single # 1 seed in this years dance that Iowa couldn't beat in a 1 off if they get hot from 3.
1678480833864.png
Help me three point line, your my only hope.....because God knows the defense isn't.

I do agree, if Iowa is hitting like they did at Indiana and the last part of the Michigan St game.......this team could be in the Sweet 16........it just can they do it when it counts??

I really hope they do....because think it will legitimize a season for Fran in that he built something more than just an NCAA qualifier and I think it would also be really good for fan base moral.

Because it drives you batty, that's why.

You went ballistic when I pointed out that Kirk's teams have averaged more ppg than Hayden's, just to name one example.

If I had said that to your face in a bar you would probably have threatened to tear my head off.

No, the real reason is constant bitchers and whiners have no place for me. Those who constantly bitch and whine about sports probably bitch about their jobs, restaurants, neighbors, everything else.

I may not always approve of Fran or Kirk, but I certainly wouldn't act like I know their job better, or that their losses hurt me more than them, and that they don't care as long as their contracts are extended and their kids represent. And I definitely don't see Hayden and Davis through rose colored glasses. Then I back up my premises with the facts that piss off people like you and the OP and the guy I got into it over Kirk about five weeks ago to no end.

@Caddy was the worst. His vitriol was relentless and he was an expert on everything, including the medical field and topics in the open discussion forum. He bragged for three weeks that USC's athleticism would be too much to handle before the 2019 Holiday Bowl, then wasn't man enough to face rhe music when we destroyed them with athleticism. Year before, Mississippi State was supposed to be too physical for us. It was rheir receivers growing alligator arms because they were getting knocked out of the game by our d-backs. He disappeared rhen as well.
Sounds like oldhawk12 is living in the past. The game is different so no surprise Kirk's teams average more and can't be mad about that. It also has been many years since Iowa had lower level athletes than the Pac 12 for the most part. The Iowa can't keep up with USC's athletes is back from the early to mid nineties. Outside of only perhaps a couple of the loaded USC 2003/4/5 teams. Last 10 years we have the edge over them. Get with the times and maybe know the teams. :) He would have been right going into that 86' Rose Bowl lol. First ever Iowa game for me btw.

The good teams in the Dance do more than pop from 29 feet. They have some great slashers that get to the hoop and score or distribute. And the D gets ratcheted up a notch. Can Iowa do that....you tell me?

Because it’s a sports forum on the internet. What’s it to you what @Northside Hawk posts?

You can come here and do nothing but bash the Hawkeyes but he can’t reply to it? Or he has to rely in a way that you approve of? That’s not how this works, amigo.
People who can't handle what they have no control over should take their fandom elsewhere.

Or stick to masturbation. They have plenty of control over those outcomes, pun intended.

1. aq - Alabama
    aq - FDU/
  3. 8
    down.svg
    Iowa
  4. 9West Virginia

Per Lunardi today. I almost kinda like this. Dont get me wrong, whoever the 2nd round game is we will get our clocks cleaned, so at least hope for a competitive 1st round game, and besides, the chance to take some luster off the B12 is enough to get me excited anyway
Just what we need would be for Toussaint to have a career game.

Against us.

View attachment 9941
Help me three point line, your my only hope.....because God knows the defense isn't.

I do agree, if Iowa is hitting like they did at Indiana and the last part of the Michigan St game.......this team could be in the Sweet 16........it just can they do it when it counts??

I really hope they do....because think it will legitimize a season for Fran in that he built something more than just an NCAA qualifier and I think it would also be really good for fan base moral.
we need it for sure, and it's just my opinion, but I'd rather bow out early of the BTT then win it. I mean, of course you want to win your conference tournament, but I think a lot of that play, momentum and emotion gets swallowed up by a deep tournament run ... especially for a team that maybe isn't a dominant top 2 seed. Last year I was hopeful for a nice run, but honestly I was fairly sure it wouldn't happen after they won the BTT.

1. aq - Alabama
    aq - FDU/
  3. 8
    down.svg
    Iowa
  4. 9West Virginia

I liked it better before the Ohio St. game. He had Iowa in a 7/10 game against Boise St. and a super vulnerable Baylor as a 2 seed.

The good teams in the Dance do more than pop from 29 feet. They have some great slashers that get to the hoop and score or distribute. And the D gets ratcheted up a notch. Can Iowa do that....you tell me?
Yup. Tony, Kris, and on occasion Patrick and Payton. Or, Filip. Or, even Connor on distribution results.

we need it for sure, and it's just my opinion, but I'd rather bow out early of the BTT then win it. I mean, of course you want to win your conference tournament, but I think a lot of that play, momentum and emotion gets swallowed up by a deep tournament run ... especially for a team that maybe isn't a dominant top 2 seed. Last year I was hopeful for a nice run, but honestly I was fairly sure it wouldn't happen after they won the BTT.
I'm hoping for the same thing.....we should have zero excuse to be tired.

Are you sure about that? So you are telling me you saw Richmond and Providence in Iowa's bracket and didn't think automatically Sweet 16? I'm calling bullshit on that.

Within the last week, I've seen Iowa playing Alford, Joe T., and Bruce Pearl. I'm more worried about playing Florida Atlantic and losing by 17.

Are you sure about that? So you are telling me you saw Richmond and Providence in Iowa's bracket and didn't think automatically Sweet 16? I'm calling bullshit on that.
Or seeing West Virginia, Texas and Northwestern State in our bracket and thinking...sorry, still too soon.

Latest posts