Watching USC

Miss 22 tackles and counting... really make ya appreciate Iowa fundamentals

USC was bad on defense all year. Lincoln Riley is a terrific play caller, but his defenses have always sucked. It will be interesting when they get to the B1G and that physicality gets turned up a notch.

Last edited:
Utah is what I would like Iowa to be…. physical on defense AND can score points on offense.

Yep. Kirk could do all the shit he likes to do on offense just with more creativity. You can run out of shotgun. You can run with 4 wide. Kincaid(Utah tight end) reminded me of numerous Iowa tight ends... got the ball and made plays.

This is the conference of the Rose Bowl Hawkeye killer. I don't think Hawks got close enough to even miss.

Lincoln Riley teams going to Iowa City, Madison, or Minneapolis in November will be interesting. Just saying. Utah is built like a B1G team. There is a reason why ISU gave him fits at Oklahoma. USC coming to the B1G and dominating isn't a slam dunk.

Lincoln Riley teams going to Iowa City, Madison, or Minneapolis in November will be interesting. Just saying. Utah is built like a B1G team. There is a reason why ISU gave him fits at Oklahoma. USC coming to the B1G and dominating isn't a slam dunk.
I think UCLA and USC isn't a great big deal. Certainly not more than PSU and maybe not even.

My take on USC and the PAC12: really good QB play, far better than the BTen as a group. But the defenses, my goodness, especially the secondary players. That combination makes for a far more entertaining brand of football, no doubt. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that championship game last night, just from an entertainment perspective.

Kansas St this year is another team that Iowa would like to be. Solid line play, always the threat of the run, a ball control offense with a QB that can also complete long passes. I see Brents just created a big turnover in the B12 championship game.

Ont
USC was bad on defense all year. Lincoln Riley is a terrific player caller, but his defenses have always sucked. It will be interesting when they get to the B1G and that physicality gets turned up a notch.
the cover3 podcast it was said The Big Ten has a lot of Utahs

So does this slide Ohio State back into the CFP? Or will they leapfrog f*cking Alabama?
I don't see Alabama jumping over Ohio State, just because they both have finished their schedules and 'Mama has two losses to one for OSU. One of the ESPN talking heads that follows the committee said they'd be shocked if OSU was not in the top four this week. If TCU loses today, could make it interesting but I don't see Alabama over them either with the two losses.

Kansas St this year is another team that Iowa would like to be. Solid line play, always the threat of the run, a ball control offense with a QB that can also complete long passes. I see Brents just created a big turnover in the B12 championship game.
The irony... at 20 some year coach wants to be like a coach with much less FBS experience.

I don't see Alabama jumping over Ohio State, just because they both have finished their schedules and 'Mama has two losses to one for OSU. One of the ESPN talking heads that follows the committee said they'd be shocked if OSU was not in the top four this week. If TCU loses today, could make it interesting but I don't see Alabama over them either with the two losses.

So Ohio State is in, which is good as that could mean Georgia has to get through both Big Ten schools to win it all. Or could potentially set up a Michigan & Ohio State rematch in the NC game.

tOSU only has 1 loss. It's going to be impossible putting in any 2 loss team into a playoff over a team ranked 2 or 3 all season.