USC/UCLA to the Big Ten?

Pretty exciting to bring in these type of teams we usually only see once a decade in Kinnick or in basketball tourneys. Hopefully Stanford joins, love to get that team in Kinnick in November.

I found the perfect league for little brother after further super re-alignment:

View attachment 9073

I was talking to a coworker a minute ago and he pointed out that this entire shitshow goes back to one domino - Arkansas leaving the SWC to join the SEC. Imagine being Utah, getting called up to the bigs, thinking you made it, and then getting this gut punch from USC and UCLA. Imagine being TCU, once in the bigs with the SWC, relegated to purgatory, called back up to the bigs, and then fucking left with Clown U, KSU and a bunch of shitbag G5 schools.

Pretty exciting to bring in these type of teams we usually only see once a decade in Kinnick or in basketball tourneys. Hopefully Stanford joins, love to get that team in Kinnick in November.

F Standford. F their running back. F John Elway. F their band. For the shit they pulled in the halftime show of that Rose Bowl when they were up 35-0 I hope their shitbag athletic program is relegated to playing San Diego Fucking State in rivalry games and I hope they lose $50 million a year and the only time they play in Iowa in November is when they play Drake because their fucking classless football program has to beg to join the god damned Pioneer League.

Bring it. College football is an 18 hour day for me on Saturdays anyway.

What I like is it’d make sure those games (if in IC) would be afternoon starts which is AWESOME for tailgating. I love the idea of it. USC and UCLA bring buckets of money, they’ll bring even more TV money, and it weakens a conference not named B1G.
Best damn weekends of the year.

F Standford. F their running back. F John Elway. F their band. For the shit they pulled in the halftime show of that Rose Bowl when they were up 35-0 I hope their shitbag athletic program is relegated to playing San Diego Fucking State in rivalry games and I hope they lose $50 million a year and the only time they play in Iowa in November is when they play Drake because their fucking classless football program has to beg to join the god damned Pioneer League.
I feel like there may be some personal animus, you get rejected from SLS?

but yeah, F those pine tree weirdos.

Largest Metro markets (those within the B1G footprint bolded):

1. NYC/NJ
2. LA/Anaheim
3. Chicago

4. Dallas/FW
5. Houston
6. Washington DC
7. Philadelphia

8. Atlanta
9. Miami/Fort Lauderdale
10. Phoenix (one of the fastest growing metros in US)
11. Boston
12. Riverside/San Bernardino
13. SF/Oakland/Berkeley
14. Detroit
15. Seattle
16. Minneapolis/St. Paul
17. San Diego
18. Tampa/St. Pete
19. Denver
20. Baltimore
21. St. Louis

They could reasonably add #10, 13, 15, and 19.
This man is thinking the right way. The only demonstrable metric the Big Ten has been proven to care about is this one, and AAU membership certainly helps.

Between Proctor's committment and this big news...I wish I could see the melt down and hilarity on cyclown fanatic
Went over there, didn’t find anything on this matter, but this thread is pretty damn fun, what with made up stories and Clowns inching within admitting they were being idiots but not quite wanting to take responsibility.

Went over there, didn’t find anything on this matter, but this thread is pretty damn fun, what with made up stories and Clowns inching within admitting they were being idiots but not quite wanting to take responsibility.

I’m actually looking to sell 4 mobile passes to the ISU game. I wonder if any of those genetic defectives wanna part with their money.

So you are saying you did not like that wandering cow out on the field? Agreed, classless fucks they are.

Last edited:
Between Proctor's committment and this big news...I wish I could see the melt down and hilarity on cyclown fanatic

To be honest it's not a meltdown. It's kind of funny from our perspective because for once we're not the punching bag.

If we're being honest here, the PAC is in real trouble. The PAC 12 already made less than the Big 12 from their contracts and now they lost their two biggest draws. The Big 10 has said they aren't adding any more PAC schools, and if they were going to do it IMO they would have already done it.

As for Big 12 schools going to the PAC, well the PAC's grant of rights are over in 2024. That's why USC/UCLA can leave so quickly. Big 12 GoR aren't over until 2026, and like we've seen with OU and UT it's not exactly easy to get out of those. So no teams from the Big 12 are going to the PAC until then. Which means that the PAC is going to be negotiating their next TV rights deal for 2024 without USC and UCLA and without anybody else really. I think they are utterly boned.

As for the ACC, they signed a GoR through 2036 and they have the worst TV contract in sports right now also going through 2036.

Some enterprising lawyer is going to be really working hard to find their way out of this stuff but again, if it were easy, OU and UT would already be out of the Big 12.

TLDR: I obviously could be totally wrong, but I think it's much more likely PAC schools will be joining the Big 12 or there could be some kind of merger.

If true as reported, that puts the B1G at 16 teams:

Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Maryland
Michigan
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Ohio State
Penn State
Purdue
Rutgers
UCLA
USC
Wisconsin

If you wanted to bring it to an even 20, who would you add? Assuming ACC schools are off-limits due to the Grant of Rights deal that extends through 2036, you are really looking at other Pac-12 (Grant of Rights expires in 2023) or Big 12 schools (Grant of rights expires in 2024).

Who you got?

Arizona
Oregon
Stanford
Washington
Cal
Colorado
Kansas
Oklahoma State (not an AAU member)
Iowa State

Personally, I would expand up the West Coast with Stanford, Oregon, and Washington, and then add Kansas. If they wanted 2 more, I would pick Colorado and Cal.
Oregon
Washington
Colorado
Arizona State

Two ten-team divisions of the new/old "Western Conference":

New Big 10 Division
OSU
UM
MSU
PSU
Illinois
NW
Indiana
Purdue
Maryland
Rutgers

New Pac 10 Division
UCLA
USC
UW
UO
ASU
UC
Iowa
Nebraska
Minnesota
Wisconsin

I hope after this expansion that ND applies and we turn them down. F ya!
Yeah I'd love to be a fly on the wall to know how ND is taking this news. Think of the $ over the years they've cost themselves by not having joined the BIG since say the 90s when PSU came over. Between that and going forward now it's just incalcuable.

I think ND was getting like 15-20 large from NBC for their TV deal. Well shit Iowa got like 50 last yr didn't we for our cut? Even MD and Rutgers were getting more than what ND gets with their partial cuts. They don't get a full share for a few more yrs yet. But with this new TV deal about to be done that'll be irrelevant. This will land every BIG team close to 100 large. So yeah ND is it about being independent/exclusive or the almighty dollar?

Latest posts