Let's get the game thread started early tonight for a change: IL visits Iowa City

1638842494021.png

S- You know Waldorf?
W-Yeah?
S- I think were wrong this year.
W-What do you mean?
S- I mean the Iowa Perimeter Defense isn't half as bad as we said it was going to be.
W- Really?
S-No it's twice as bad!
Both- Ho ho ho ho!

The press looks good, but height is going to be an Achilles Heel against bigger teams like Illinois. Defending the perimeter still an issue against quicker guards.

Maybe we can get 18-20 wins, get an 8 or 9 seed, and call it a day after getting whipped by the 1 or 2 seed.

View attachment 8460

S- You know Waldorf?
W-Yeah?
S- I think were wrong this year.
W-What do you mean?
S- I mean the Iowa Perimeter Defense isn't half as bad as we said it was going to be.
W- Really?
S-No it's twice as bad!
Both- Ho ho ho ho!

The press looks good, but height is going to be an Achilles Heel against bigger teams like Illinois. Defending the perimeter still an issue against quicker guards.

Maybe we can get 18-20 wins, get an 8 or 9 seed, and call it a day after getting whipped by the 1 or 2 seed.
Josh will get playing time Iowa will get better and better and it will be an interesting rematch.

Win or lose, I’m pumped for this season. Iowa will get better

I don't know about pumped but, as mentioned, it will be some entertaining basketball and always a gritty effort. Doubt it will yield much success beyond what it should -- 7 or 8 conf wins.

They are NOT going to get any better than what you're seeing at Purdue and tonight. The only variable that might change outcomes will be if Fran figures out the right lineups at the right time.

I don't know about pumped but, as mentioned, it will be some entertaining basketball and always a gritty effort. Doubt it will yield much success beyond what it should -- 7 or 8 conf wins.

They are NOT going to get any better than what you're seeing at Purdue and tonight. The only variable that might change outcomes will be if Fran figures out the right lineups at the right time.
Are you serious, half our players have almost no experience, and they have nothing but upside. True if Fran continues to embrace the holdovers we won’t reach our potential, but this team will improve. A winning record in the Big is within reach. That will put this team in the tourney.

Latest posts