The official Muck Michigan Go Iowa for the Big Ten Title Game thread

I’d want my coach to do the exact same fucking thing.

Gentlemanly bullshit doesn’t belong in football. This ain’t 1876 wearing wool uniforms playing in a hayfield somewhere.
lol there was no reason to be throwing the ball up 35-3... wasnt goign to make shit difference in playoff seeding

Thats just harbaugh being harbaugh... its why 90% of the people whoever work with him hate him.

Not having a culture of going for the throat gets you nowhere but looking soft. If you want someone to go easy on you that’s a bigger embarrassment than getting 42 dropped on you.

if harbaugh going to run it up then i at least expect a fight... im not just going to bend over and take it.

lol there was no reason to be throwing the ball up 35-3... wasnt goign to make shit difference in playoff seeding

Thats just harbaugh being harbaugh... its why 90% of the people whoever work with him hate him.
You’re a spineless softie. And that’s ok. We can agree to disagree.

Are we supposed to start yelling for our mommies out on that field??

You play a ranked team when they are ranked you dont go back and say this team is not ranked 10 weeks after the fact. With a win over a top ten team that team automatically is no longer considered a top ten team why cause u just beat them so saying you didnt beat a top ten team is ludicrous and Iowa beat 2.

BF has to go. No excuse for this Iowa offense. Our D line was decimated by movement to the NFL and still made great progress. Our O line? Little progress. QB’s? Hard workers, minimal skills. Receivers? Maybe some potential. KF needs to be told up front…Change OC’s and move on. Put a new hire in charge and let him implement. Enough is enough. The embarrassment by our O throughout this year is a tragedy and recruiting nightmare. It ain’t the “Jimmy’s and Joe’s, it’s the coaching staff. We recruit and coach up defensive players. Why not O players.
Couldn’t agree more. Glad to see you come around agree with what some of us have been saying most of the year. Defense has been good to excellent over the years. Offense a total cluster fuk.

The reason the last few years I’ve wanted Kirk gone is because he won’t address the problem.

How do you explain it? Is it pride and arrogance? We can all see it. It’s the poor offensive recruiting and scheme.

I know some will look at 10-3 and say what are you fans talking about?

It’s the damn offense that has held the program down. Kirk should retire if he is too proud to make the changes that could give the program some hope.

The offensive line is a train wreck. Maybe two more years and we will be average at best. Won’t matter will it?

We could have one of the most pre-season ranked offensive lines in college football, two tight ends that go NFL and a QB that is a pre-season QB considered among the best in the Big Ten and Brian wouldn’t know what to do with them. Oops never mind, been there, done that!

I can’t remember but did Brian recruit any of those players from that team or did he just inherit it like he did his offensive coordinator position?

When faced with a similar 18 year championship drought in 1978 we made changes.
Agreed. But Barta isn't Bump Elliot, and I know a lot of people won't like me saying this, Kirk isn't Hayden Fry. He's more even keelled than that.

He's done a hell of a job, considering Iowa is the second-smallest state in the B1G. In some ways, just winning 8 here consistently is unlikely. He's had more 10 win seasons than Fry, certainly. And 4 in 23 years is good at Iowa.

You can't get anything better this year with this coaching carousel at OC, certainly. And I don't know that any OC could do better with this line and the recruiting misses there, next year anyway.

I also don't think Kirk wants to do a retread in his last 7 years, needing to fire his kid to do it. I do know that Iowa will have a hard time doing better than we did this year during that period, regardless of who the coach is, because Iowa isn't MSU, Mich, or PSU. They had a window to become Wisconsin. It closed in 2010.

It's hard to say a coach has been great when they have also presided over the second-longest streak of non championship football. But he really has.

Could it get worse? Yep. A lot. Iowa could become ISU under the next guy. Will it under Ferentz? Not likely. He's here till he retires. Which means Brian is.

Brian cannot be the next head coach. That can't happen.

This team - amazing achievement to make it this far. No offense. Didn't matter, they fought anyway. That should be admired.

That's it. On to the bowl game.

not even sure what the F this is supposed to mean.
You’re bitching about a guy running up the score on us. That’s the exact weak-minded attitude that creates a culture of passiveness. That’s why we run it up the gut on 3rd and long when we’re behind. That’s why we keep games close when we could make a statement sometimes. That’s a soft, loser’s mindset. It’s weak.

You go for the throat, and if the other team doesn’t like it, it’s their job to stop it.

Isn’t it embarrassing to cry about getting scored on? Isn’t that the equivalent of running to mommy to complain that your big brother isn’t playing fair?

You know what? That display Harbaugh put on tonight kicking our ass and throwing bombs when he was already up by over 30 points was the best possible thing he could do for recruiting. That was an ass whopping that’ll make 5 star recruits want to go play for him.

It’s what Iowa should do anytime we get the chance. If that’s not gentlemanly enough for you than you should take up watching golf.

You play a ranked team when they are ranked you dont go back and say this team is not ranked 10 weeks after the fact. With a win over a top ten team that team automatically is no longer considered a top ten team why cause u just beat them so saying you didnt beat a top ten team is ludicrous and Iowa beat 2.
Indiana was top 25 when we played them week 1. They went 2-10 / 0-9 in B10.
You consider that a win over ranked team?

You’re bitching about a guy running up the score on us. That’s the exact weak-minded attitude that creates a culture of passiveness. That’s why we run it up the gut on 3rd and long when we’re behind. That’s why we keep games close when we could make a statement sometimes. That’s a soft, loser’s mindset. It’s weak.

You go for the throat, and if the other team doesn’t like it, it’s their job to stop it.

Isn’t it embarrassing to cry about getting scored on? Isn’t that the equivalent of running to mommy to complain that your big brother isn’t playing fair?

You know what? That display Harbaugh put on tonight kicking our ass and throwing bombs when he was already up by over 30 points was the best possible thing he could do for recruiting. That was an ass whopping that’ll make 5 star recruits want to go play for him.

It’s what Iowa should do anytime we get the chance. If that’s not gentlemanly enough for you than you should take up watching golf.
nah other team wants to run up the score thats fine.. but im not just going to lay down and take it... that was my point.

can really give me a fucking break with the "going for the throat" shit...

there was no throat to go after up 28-3 or 35-3... the throat was already long gone.

Iowa had two conference wins against teams with winning records. (Maryland was .500)
This team benefited from an easy draw from the 3 east division teams. One had a winning record, 7-5 Penn State. We in no way were a top 10 team at any point of this season.

At some point we need to realize the schedule makes the season. 2015 the east division opponents were 1-7 Maryland and 2-6 Indiana (Conference records). That makes the road a whole lot easier along with playing the Big 10 West schedule.

This was the worst offense of the KF era. They regressed when the entire sport is improving offensively. 10 games won because they play in the worst division in football