******OFFICIAL: WHO WILL BE KNEELING THIS FALL THREAD*******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.
Also I heard that the teams in the b10 west find it offensive that they can't beat Wisconsin, and that Wisconsin rams it right down their throats, so they are protesting that Wisconsin take a knee for the first 3 downs of every possession but can run a play on the 4th down. Because that's only fair. Wisconsin really needs to be more sensitive about that.
Oh and Nebraska found the blowing kisses offensive and we can't kick field goals against them anymore ever again
Illinois finds their own record offensive and wants honorable mention at every b10 championship game. If you can't get behind that idea you can f off.
Oh and Perdue finds Iowa's song offensive because it says fight and they find that aggressive and so we must not do that anymore.
Northwestern finds the song back in black offensive and now we must play purple rain instead.
The heroes trophy must be renamed because it implies everyone who didn't win it is not a hero.
That's insensitive. But negotiations are underway to just give everyone in the crowd a participation trophy. But the people who can't attend and can only watch on TV are going to riot if they are not included and they are right.
We can't pretend like people at the games are not privileged and experience the game in a different way than than those at home.
The people in the nosebleed sections are claiming biased and now every minute you must change seats like a game of musical chairs.
Amputees find the song hokey pokey offensive and prejudice against them, so the song must be stricken from history.
But it extends beyond college football, the super bowl, must now be called the just like every other bowl, because it has tones of being better than every other bowl.
The solution is, that we no longer play football at all and everyone takes turns showing up to empty stadiums and takes a knee infront of every flag ever made, but they must not speak for risk of offending someone. Oh and everyone must wear orange jump suits like they have in jail because some ways of dressing offend others.

Last edited:
200.gif

I'll knee before you if it saves lives. What I do now, I do for the sake of the people of Earth. But there is one man on this planet who will NEVER kneel before you.

Let me guess...Superman? No, Chris Doyle......maybe some Ferentzs. :)

@RobHowe - if there was ever a thread I’d ask you to delete or lock, it’s this one.

besides... I think this has been nauseatingly covered already. In SEVERAL threads. Kneel if you like. Don’t. It’s still America, still freedom to choose.

you really want to know a way Iowa could lead? Request people kneel for approximately 2 minutes of silence BEFORE the national anthem, then everyone stand for the anthem and play it. To me, It allows the focus to be solely on racial issues, not on the flag or the anthem. Then, it also unites because everyone is standing for the anthem.

what do I know. Im just a fan.

@RobHowe - if there was ever a thread I’d ask you to delete or lock, it’s this one.

besides... I think this has been nauseatingly covered already. In SEVERAL threads. Kneel if you like. Don’t. It’s still America, still freedom to choose.

you really want to know a way Iowa could lead? Request people kneel for approximately 2 minutes of silence BEFORE the national anthem, then everyone stand for the anthem and play it. To me, It allows the focus to be solely on racial issues, not on the flag or the anthem. Then, it also unites because everyone is standing for the anthem.

bro, you are weak ... i bet you say things like ... we need more communication to solve problems, then type the drivel above

"To know who can take your freedom, find out who you can't criticize" Voltaire

"The thing that separates the American from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees! -George Washington"

“Better to rule in Hell than serve in Heaven” -- Satan, from Paradise Lost

"Values are more important than popularity." Lincoln

"The West figured out the most important thing about civil self-rule, that you should subdivide society down to the level of the individual" Jordan Peterson

"Freedom is not the natural state of man, that is why it never lasts" socrates

"mob rules gives you a feeling of elation, until they come for you" Alexander Solzhenitsyn

"beware those who believe the ends justify the means" Demosthenes

Let me get this straight. You want to kneel as a way to rebel against the United States flag, but also find the rebel flag offensive.
Excluding yourself from the republic, because you want to be part of the republic.
Does that about sum it up?
Again in the history of mankind the only time you do not respect or recognize a flag is because you want to put up another. That is called war when it's another countries flag and treason when it's your countries flag.

Last edited:
bro, you are weak ... i bet you say things like ... we need more communication to solve problems, then type the drivel above

F, my secret is out. And I’ve been namecalled and quotes to follow. For sure I’m done now. Man, I’ve learned my lesson. You showed me.

Wanting to shut down things that make you uncomfortable is how we got where we are now . . . you have to travel outside your comfort zone. And it appears you won't do that. But I'll retract what I said if you prove me wrong.

Won't work. You miss the point in doing it.

Let me get this straight. You want to kneel as a way to rebel against the United States flag, but also find the rebel flag offensive.
Excluding yourself from the republic, because you want to be part of the republic.
Does that about sum it up?
Again in the history of mankind the only time you do not respect or recognize a flag is because you want to put up another. That is called war when it's another countries flag and treason when it's your countries flag.

That's just stupid. This is also a flag of rebellion today. In the past and now it is also the flag of those wanting to keep the status quo.
255px-Flag_of_Germany_%281935%E2%80%931945%29.svg.png

To those who were on the receiving end of slavery, this was the equivalent symbol.
210px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_%281863%E2%80%931865%29.svg.png

The UN estimates 17 million died from the slave trade around the world btw.
You don't won't to compare:
%2BEscaped%2BSlave%252C%2BGordon.jpg
original.jpg

Last edited:
Godwin's Law in record time . . . when you can't win on the facts . . . "Hitler" . . . can't think of anything more intellectually lazy. BTW, half my family is Jewish. But my motivation for typing what I did resides in logic over emotionalism.

Godwin's Law in record time . . . when you can't win on the facts . . . "Hitler" . . . can't think of anything more intellectually lazy. BTW, half my family is Jewish. But my motivation for typing what I did resides in logic over emotionalism.

Don't care what you are and it's not lazy unless you are too lazy to see the comparisons. Fact is you don't won't the world biased a certain way to change. How is 17 million not comparable?

WW1 which sowed the seeds of Hitler was fought basically over the exploitation of resources in Africa including human resources.

I just don't think all the Hawks will be on board for kneeling during the anthem. Kirk says it will be a team thing. I predict they will come up with a compromise of a way to show support and not offend most of the fans. No way in hell Kirk takes a knee..he just isn't wired that way. Take it to the bank.

I officiate a high school sport where I have no doubt our national governing body, state association, conference or school will ask us to kneel during the National Anthem. I will refuse.

I would be happy to kneel for a moment of silence to show unity in the fight for justice and racial equality. I agree 100 percent with those objectives.

But I will not disrespect the US flag and what it represents. And I refuse to honor or recognize the BLM organization, about which there are many legitimate and disturbing questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts