-Field Storming

LINK

-Patrick McCaffery's health
-Hawkeye Underclassmen in NFL Draft
-B1G Bowl Projections
-CyHawk Wrestling
-Field Storming

LINK
Until recently I was a little underwhelmed with our bowl possibilities, especially when it seemed like we were "locked in" to the Holiday Bowl.

But I'd take the Citrus Bowl in a heartbeat. It's always been a quality location, has prestige with being just a notch below the NY6, and is always a good matchup, considering it's matched 2 ranked opponents every year but one since 1986. We'd get a shot at one of Florida, Auburn, or TAMU, which would garner a national attention and respect with a victory.

I like your optimism Rob, but I can't envision a scenario where the Citrus takes us over a Michigan team with the same record and a head to head victory...

Citrus, Outback, Holiday

Grab Bag of 2nd tier bowls to me.
Don’t much care. Not attending.

But better than next tier of “temporarily named business bowls”

Citrus, Outback, Holiday

Grab Bag of 2nd tier bowls to me.
Don’t much care. Not attending.

But better than next tier of “temporarily named business bowls”

Dude, maybe you need to become a Buckeye fan....then at least you'll be able to find happiness.

Dude, maybe you need to become a Buckeye fan....then at least you'll be able to find happiness.

Nah, he is a pretty positive poster, overall. He is just saying there isn't much difference between the options within that tier, especially if you don't have the resources to travel.

I don't think he is poo-pooing our bowl tier per se, though we would all like to be in the higher tier. But as @DDThompson said, it is better than the next tier down!

My thinking is that Michigan was in the Citrus in ‘15 but hasn’t been in the Holiday. I know the B1G and bowls try to rotate teams. I’m just not sure how big is that factor.

We'd get a shot at one of Florida, Auburn, or TAMU, which would garner a national attention and respect with a victory.

Have you watched that #5 kid from Auburn? Brown, I think is his name. OMG. We'd need 3 guys to block him on pass plays and if we had any sort of slow developing run play there's a 99% chance he'd just take the pill out of Nate's hand. Hopefully if we draw them he won't play to protect his draft stock. I know Mississippi State had some studs on defense last year and we managed to break a couple plays and win the game. Auburn would be the same way. The rushing numbers would be dismal and our only hope to score would be on long passes with a ton of YAC.

Have you watched that #5 kid from Auburn? Brown, I think is his name. OMG. We'd need 3 guys to block him on pass plays and if we had any sort of slow developing run play there's a 99% chance he'd just take the pill out of Nate's hand. Hopefully if we draw them he won't play to protect his draft stock. I know Mississippi State had some studs on defense last year and we managed to break a couple plays and win the game. Auburn would be the same way. The rushing numbers would be dismal and our only hope to score would be on long passes with a ton of YAC.

OMG just forfeit!!! We scared!!!!

He’s a projected top 10 pick. Maybe he will sit out the bowl game like Fant. I kind of like the holiday bowl, give us a chance at Pac12 team and I’d think we have a pretty good chance to win. We better slow down and win these last two games first.

If we match up with an SEC team I hope it’s Florida. They are the most overrated team in the country in my opinion.

Rob: I find it hard to believe that you or any other person who calls themselves a journalist would give any weight to KF's request to not ask any underclassmen if they intend to enter the draft. I mean, really. Jrs in college are adults, and their educations are being paid for by fans and/or public citizens/taxpayers. They are quite capable of individually responding to reporters with "I'm not going to talk about that until after the season" if that's how they want to handle it. Or not. I can understand KF's continuing attempts to create a perfect world for him and his players. I do not understand a journalist who would choose to honor that request rather than do their JOB, which is to respectfully inform their readers, despite what the head coach may desire.

If we match up with an SEC team I hope it’s Florida. They are the most overrated team in the country in my opinion.

They've got some playmakers on defense, but I don't think they could boat race us with their offense. They should have lost to South Carolina and I think Iowa has a better squad than South Carolina. But I'm glad we didn't have South Carolina's schedule. Blech. I feel bad for SC fans. Their schedule pretty much has 3 if not 4 guaranteed losses on it most years and their in state rival has built a dynasty. Can you imagine if Oklahoma and Texas both disappeared and Iowa State built a dynasty? I wouldn't be able to take it.

Rob, it appears that you have Wisconsin beating Minnesota. Is the Big Ten sending the loser of the BTC to the Rose Bowl if the winner is being selected for the playoffs?

I don't much care where the game is. Lets focus on possible teams Iowa will play

Possible teams USC, Washington, Auburn,

Probably not : Florida or Tennessee <-- played recently. and UGA is probably ranked too high.

Don't want to play Alabama. They are bigger, stronger and faster than any other team I've seen.

Rob, it appears that you have Wisconsin beating Minnesota. Is the Big Ten sending the loser of the BTC to the Rose Bowl if the winner is being selected for the playoffs?

I don't think it's a given that they would take the loser of the B1G Championship game, but it makes sense.

Not really pumped about a Iowa/ Tennessee Taxslayer (Gator)bowl. Hope those projections are being made by lazy journalists, not taking 5 minutes to do their homework.

Last edited:

Latest posts