Way too early prediction

IndianaHawk

I’ll throw out an over/under win total for 2018 at 8.5 wins. Which side are you placing your dollar on?

Under.

There’s zero reason to think that anything will be any different than this year. Same staff, experience gained by Stanley and the CBs cancelled out by losing Buttwad and all three LBs, same playbook, same everything as every other year.

6.5 wins is Kirk’s M.O. And before any Ferentz dolts out there come to shred me, do the math first. The stats are on the internet for free.

Right now im going under 8.5.

At Penn State and home for Wisconsin are likely underdogs. ISU, at Purdue and NW are likely toss ups...sadly

We'll have to see how the off-season goes.

At Penn State and home for Wisconsin are likely underdogs. ISU, at Purdue and NW are likely toss ups...sadly

our offense takes a selfie almost every saturday, unfortunately.

Would love to see the Wisconsin game as our annual night game upset.
I am over optimistically taking the over at 9-3.

Schedule sets up nicely.

Figure we lose to Penn State and Wiscy.

We get Iowa St and Nebraska at home.

Should beat Illinois, Maryland, Northern IL, UNI, Indiana and Minnesota.

Go to Purdue but I still think we have a better program.

The 8.5 line looks about right. I would think 8-9 wins with the favorable schedule.

I’ll throw out an over/under win total for 2018 at 8.5 wins. Which side are you placing your dollar on?

I wonder what the Las Vegas over/under will be? I'm guessing they bump us up a game over last year, to 7.5 wins. I THINK I would take the over on that, but...

I'll say under until seeing the Oline, new Lbs, IKM - TY duo, and if Rugumba/Hankins can continue to improve.

8 will be the demarcation line for me. Wadley, Josey, and Jackson were huge parts in the success we did have this year.

On paper, a slightly easier schedule, but the middle teams are improved and will likely be better next year (PU, NW, IL, MN will likely all be better).

Like this year, anything less than 8 wins will ultimately feel disappointing, 8 being just "kinda good", 9+ feeling quite good(with a bowl win for 10). 10 or more will mean West comes downbto Iowa/Wisc game.

I need Iowa to be in the West race by mid November to feel like we've improved. 8(even 9) wins will feel somewhat empty if there are bad losses(like NW or PU this year) or if we're out of West race before mid November.

Oline and LB play has been and under KF always will be the key....both are unknowns at this point.

With 5 road conference games and Wisconsin at home, not real confident in taking the over. No, not a lot of powerhouses on the road, but our win Friday was our only conference road win.

How disappointing...everyone saying Wisky is a likely loss...in Kinnick. We should NEVER chalk Wisky up as an automatic L. Thanks Kirk and Brian for putting us solidly in the middle of the BIG West.

kirk ferentz has had 8 or fewer wins 13 our of 19 seasons and 7 or fewer wins 10 out of 19.

Yup. With an 8.5 line, I'll take the under all day long if I was a betting man. A better line might be 7.5. 7-8 wins is generally the ceiling, unless KF is feeling some heat, but that's rare, as we're well aware.

Yup. With an 8.5 line, I'll take the under all day long if I was a betting man. A better line might be 7.5. 7-8 wins is generally the ceiling, unless KF is feeling some heat, but that's rare, as we're well aware.
I set it at 8.5 knowing the Wisconsin game was the hinge.

How disappointing...everyone saying Wisky is a likely loss...in Kinnick. We should NEVER chalk Wisky up as an automatic L. Thanks Kirk and Brian for putting us solidly in the middle of the BIG West.

Disappointing, yes. But don't you think it's a likely loss as well?

Under. 8 games tops if history is any indicator. Every Ferentz era QB won the most games in the year he earned the starting spot outright at the beginning of the Season. Stanley's number was called in 2017. So, with a bowl win this year, 8 would seem to be the ceiling for 2018. To bad because I think Stanley may be the best to play the position at Iowa in a long time. He will likely be awesome in 2018 but the loss at LB will cause grief early on at the least. It's that "phase" thing w/ the DL, TEs, OL, PK peaking, QB, DBs, WRs on the rising side and LBs and RBs at or near the bottoms of their respective cycles. I think the RBs are ahead of the LBs at this time with depth being the main issue there. DB, FB and punting are big ?s too. Really concerned w/ punting given the KF game strategy.

Yeah, they are kicking sand in our faces at this point. Kirk's O hasn't had any success against their 3-4, even with injuries or different co-ordinators affecting them, so I chalk that game up as a loss until something big changes.

Latest posts