Williams

Milldaddy

Despite the loss this kid impressed me. I think we found our PG for the future. Can he shoot at all does anyone know? finally jumped ahead of BE.

I think he's 1 for 4 after his missed 3 tonight.

I like him. He's really tall (6'6") for a PG and can create his own shot to the basket.

I have confidence that he will get the job done. I also like it that he provides more depth for Iowa's tournament run this year.

There are pros and cons with Christian as with most players.

His size will help offensively but he could really struggle defensively against quicker guards which will mostly be the case. Yogi went right by him tonight. Hopefully he can block some shots from behind with his length.

Yogi went right by everyone tonight except occasionally Gesell. At this point I'm done caring about defense, our starters certainly don't seem to care so why should I?

If Christian can drive to the basket with authority it opens so much else for the offense. A layup, a kickout to Jok/Uthoff, a foul on the defense, etc. Iowa is severely lacking in that department

Also, Williams playing tonight and last game means Ellingson hasn't seen any minutes. I can't argue with that one bit

Williams was a bright spot for sure. We are so thin at the guard positions. BE has had plenty of chances and has shown he is nowhere near ready. Hopefully Williams can contribute more and more often.

Baer showed up tonight and played well. Woody and Sapp pretty much ruined Senior Night. Too bad, they deserve better but you gotta produce on the big stage and they had their chances.

Wagner also was impressive last night. Iowa made a good portion of its run with Baer, Wagner & Williams in the game.

Williams looked good and I like what he brings but after 4 years Mike at PG I'm absolutely fed up with having a PG who can't shoot the 3. If Williams doesn't have the 3 ball in his aresanal, even with how impressive he was.... Give me Bohannon. I know he'll be able to shoot the 3.

Williams looked good and I like what he brings but after 4 years Mike at PG I'm absolutely fed up with having a PG who can't shoot the 3. If Williams doesn't have the 3 ball in his aresanal, even with how impressive he was.... Give me Bohannon. I know he'll be able to shoot the 3.

Thankfully the Gesell era will soon end. Much like Woodbury he's shown very little improvement. What good is a pg who can't shoot, can't create, can't finish and is a horrible free throw shooter? 4 yrs starting and neither him or Woodbury could develop any offensive game. Busts.

I really liked both he and Wagner. I honestly think Iowa will at least be a bubble team next year.

Also, Williams playing tonight and last game means Ellingson hasn't seen any minutes. I can't argue with that one bit

Fran is simply looking for a spark, Williams is that kind of kid....I applauded his efforts last night, one of the bright spots in a losing cause......So, does Fran use him more than Sapp perhaps, spelling Mike G? Keep using Williams as much as you can, I like his game..

Only saw the first half, but looks like he could be a mismatch for shorter guards.
After a fantastic 1st half, not sure if he even got it the game in the 2nd half.

Flashed a ton of talent, has a bright future. Wish he would have played a bunch in 2nd half and all season. Williams and Wagner both seem Way more impactful than Woody and MG. No need to keep them on bench so much.

Williams has passed Ellingson. Wondering if this move should have been made awhile ago. Fran has a tendency to stick with players for too long sometimes (McCabe is a prime example).

Thankfully the Gesell era will soon end. Much like Woodbury he's shown very little improvement. What good is a pg who can't shoot, can't create, can't finish and is a horrible free throw shooter? 4 yrs starting and neither him or Woodbury could develop any offensive game. Busts.

Exactly. Give me Devan Bawinkel and Seth Gorney over those 2. Man how I long for the days when we didn't have to worry about losing the B10 title in March. These scrubs couldn't even deliver us a split of the conference title. Worthless.

Fran is simply looking for a spark, Williams is that kind of kid....I applauded his efforts last night, one of the bright spots in a losing cause......So, does Fran use him more than Sapp perhaps, spelling Mike G? Keep using Williams as much as you can, I like his game..

I think we all liked what we got from Williams but saying Fran went to him looking for a spark is a bit misleading. He went to him because Mike had 2 fouls like 6 minutes into the game. Williams seized the moment and played well so Fran kept him in the game.

Good point ib, I did forget that Mike G had 2 fouls.....he did a great job, excited for him and Wagner

I like that instead of having a starting point guard who is known for defense, can't shoot, can't create, and a backup point guard who is known for defense, can't shoot, can't create, we have one who can shoot, and one who is a long slasher.